IV

IV - call it fate.

4th of June, 2023, Chicago

–8:05pm–

MIRACULOUSLY, Pippa managed to make it back to her seat just as the countdown disappeared from the screen. Of course, Minnie still had time to give her an absolute earful for being dreadfully unpunctual, but Pippa could ignore that for the time being. After all, she was about to see the Taylor Swift with her very own two eyes. Life quite literally couldn't get any better than that. Oh, and of course, she was also just chatting with Gracie Abrams, of all people.

Wait a minute.

She was just chatting with Gracie Abrams?!

Pippa thought her brain was about to short circuit. It had only just set in for her that she was having a casual conversation with the opener for Taylor Swift's biggest show ever, and that she was somehow in said opener's dressing room, and that said opener somehow knew her name?! Pippa might have forgotten how to breathe for a few moments.

Of course, it didn't help that Taylor Swift was currently marching up to her in all her glittering glory singing the bridge of Cruel Summer about three feet from her face. Sure, that would totally make her breathe easier. Pippa's phone suddenly buzzed in her pocket.

If Pippa had a drink in her mouth at that moment, it would have been spat out all over the poor security guard that was standing in front of her

If Pippa had a drink in her mouth at that moment, it would have been spat out all over the poor security guard that was standing in front of her. Surely she read the notification wrong, right? There was no way – as in no freaking way in this entire universe – that Gracie Eras Tour Princess Abrams just requested to follow her on Instagram, right? Right?!

 Surely she read the notification wrong, right? There was no way – as in no freaking way in this entire universe – that Gracie Eras Tour Princess Abrams just requested to follow her on Instagram, right? Right?!

"Oh my fucking god, what the actual flying fuck-" Pippa was cut off by a hand being shoved in front of her mouth.

"Oh my god girl, watch your language! We are in mother's presence right now!" Minnie jokingly seethed beside her, "Besides, what's got you so worked up anyway? You've already been pulled into Gracie Abrams's dressing room, was that not enough? Do you want to be pulled into MUNA's too or-"

Pippa shoved her phone in Minnie's face, the lock screen lighting up with the previous two notifications.

"Oh my fucking god?!" Minnie echoed, a hand flying over her own mouth.