𝟱.𝟬

I've never once met his father out of the 8 months I've been here. All I knew was that his father is the head of the yakuza, and Kenji will be taking over soon. "Will it be okay if he sees me here?" I asked.

"You can stay up here," he replied, as he fixed his tie.

I nodded, as I sat on the bed with my legs crossed and fiddling with my fingers.

He walked over to me and tilted my head towards him and leaned closer to me placing a gentle kiss on my lips.

"He's here, I'll see you later." He announced.

3RD POV

(A/N They Talking In Japanese But I am Gonna Use English So If Anyone Who Doesnt Speak Japanese Overhears They Won't Understand)

"Otosan." Kenji greet

"Kenji." His father, Kurosawa greeted. His men bowed to Kenji, and Kenji led his father to his office.

"Kenji it's almost time for you to take over, but there's war stirring. "The Sumiyoshi-ka group broke our contract," Kurosawa grunted.

"We need to make an example, of them, and show them what happens when they cross us." He exclaimed. "So you know what this means."

"War," Kenji grunted. He anticipated this as much? hence why he gave his word to Leila, he never planned on letting her leave, but he knew that the group was planning something so he gave Leila his word for her to leave. She probably thinks it's permanent, after all of this he plans on getting her back. He didn't want to get her caught up in this. He knew if they found out they would use her to get him. They'd do unimaginable things to her, they would break her. Hence why he has to let her go.

"Good, you must return to the house, by next week. We need to start planning our next move. They burnt down one of our warehouses and killed all of our men at that station." He growled. "UNFORGIVEBALE, They'll know never to mess with the Kurosawa group ever again."

Kenji nodded, "I'll prepare my men for the move."

"Good. If anything, we might need to ally with the Harakuchi group. When do you plan on fulfilling the bethronement We might need them, the sooner you get engaged to Kimi-chan the smoother this will go."

"Enough Father." Kenji interrupted.

"I already told you I do not want to marry her." He spat.

Kurosawa observed him, then shook his head.  "I can't force you to marry someone you don't want to, but you need to think about the group. You're due to take over, you need to make the group stronger. That is your task to keep this group running and strong."

Kenji did not respond, instead, he pinched the bridge of his nose and exhaled. He thought he'd at least have more time with Leila. He never expected to fall so fast for her. In the beginning, he was merely infatuated with her it was pure lust, she was new and shiny, yet the more he was around her he needed her close. The last couple of months he came to realise he cared for her deeply. However, now he had to let her go. For now at least.

.

After his father left, he went to the kitchen to speak to Riyuki about breakfast. She must be hungry, He thought. He went back upstairs where he saw her sprawled out on the bed. Seems like she fell asleep again. He sat down on the bed and gently shook her.