eightteen

SASHA 🖤

"Alright baby, who was the first African American to serve as President of the United States?" I asked

I was helping him study for his African American Studies test in the school lounge. Since we both caught up with school and him being qb and me cheering, we can't really find the time to chill as often as we used to.

Although sometimes I do be sneaking out of my dorm to stay over at his spot.

"Barack Obama. He served two terms from 2009 to 2017." he answered proudly.

"Whatever, I started off easy." I spoke and he smirked shaking his head.

"What was the Harlem Renaissance?" I asked resting my chin on my palm.

He came a lil closer and squinted his eyes.

"The Harlem Renaissance was a cultural, social, and artistic movement that took place in Harlem, New York, during the 20s. It was characterized by the flourishing of African American literature, music, art, and activism, and it played a significant role in shaping African American identity and culture." he told proudly and I was a lil impressed.

"Okay, what about the significance of the Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court case?" I asked and he dryly laughed.

"That was a landmark Supreme Court case in 1954 that declared state laws establishing separate public schools for black and white students unconstitutional, thus overturning the "separate but equal" doctrine established in Plessy v. Ferguson (1896). This decision paved the way for the desegregation of schools across the United States." he told and I accepted before giving him a lil applause.

"Yeaah nigga, fuck is you talking bout? I know my shit." he told and I chuckled before he dapped me up.

"You do know ya shit. I'm proud of you baby." I said before closing my laptop.

"Thanks ma." he said coming closer to peck me once.

"Y'all do know the library woman don't like affection being shown?" Kenan came joking.

"Nigga shut up." Chris snarked causing me to laugh.

"Hey girl." Kay hugged me.

"I feel like I ain't seen you in forever." she spoke and I tilted my head.

"Girl please, you saw me last night." I told.

"That was before you left to sleep over at Chris'." she said and Kenan shook his head laughing.

"My bad girl. But don't worry we gon be chillin a lot more, cus we got approved for the apartment." I excused.