08

real life !

"You're welcome Cass...now are you gonna tell me what's wrong?"

Cassidy let out a deep sigh as she let the question linger in the air for a second. "Um..."

"You don't have to if you're not comfortable obviously" Conan quickly added as he tossed the wipe into the nearby trash can.

Cassidy's eyes followed his movements from the trashcan and back as he plopped down in front of her, she took a shaky breath before deciding to answer.

"It's about my ex-boyfriend," Cassidy said, her back against the wall, noticing Conan's attentive expression turned into one of annoyance.

"What did he want?" Conan asked, still with that gentle tone to keep Cassidy calm but his face said it all.

"He said he wanted to talk again-" Cass began before getting cut off by Conan.

"Block him"

Cassidy shook her head. "I don't kn-"

"Cass he's a prick! Aren't the majority of your heartbreak songs about him?" Conan said.

"Yeah-"

"Cassidy you deserve so much better! You're a fucking pop star for crying out loud and what is he!? Some "Instagram star" that nobody knew about until you started dating him?" Conan rambled.

Cassidy stayed silent for a moment, her eyes flicking around the room until they met his again. "I guess..."

Conan huffed out a sigh as his eyes lay on hers still, the tension in the air was thick and they both could feel it.

"I'm sorry Conan"

"Don't say that Cassidy there's no reason to apologize"

The distance between their faces was getting smaller by the minute, why you ask? Pff don't ask them they were stupid when it came to these things. Cassidy's eyes flicked to his lips for a brief second and it seemed almost positive something would happen between them...that was until Cassidy had a thought.

"What the fuck am I doing?"

Cassidy darted her gaze away from him and stood up. "I'll um...ask Delilah to fix my makeup"

"...Okay" Conan replied as he stood back up and watched as she grabbed her makeup bag and walked to the room next door.

As Cass exited the room, she placed her hand on her chest, feeling her heart pounding in her chest. It was beating a hundred miles an hour as if it was trying to escape from her body. She was in a state of panic, realizing that she had almost made a decision that she would regret for a long time.

Cassidy took a deep breath, trying to steady her pumping heart as she glanced at the door she was standing in front of, placing her hand on the cold door handle before entering the room to see Natalia, with her steady hand, slowly applying her jet-black eyeliner, while Hannah, with each stroke, was brushing her long, dark hair with a sense of rhythm. Meanwhile, Delilah, with her mouth full of crunchy potato chips, was lounging comfortably on one of the plush couches in the room, enjoying the salty snack until she noticed Cass

"Are you ok Cass? Were you crying?" Delilah asked as she stood up from her seat, throwing the bag of potato chips aside as she noticed Cassidy's face.

Upon Delilah saying this Natalia and Hannah turned around to face Cassidy as well, their eyes landing on their friend with a puzzled expression.