06

real life !

Cassidy trudged out of her Uber from the hotel and boarded the tour bus behind the arena, nodding her head to Affluenza (ironically) which was blasting on her airpods. Suddenly, she felt someone's arms wrap around her, causing her to stumble back.

"What the f- oh hi Natalia" Cassidy smiled as she wrapped one arm around Natalia and took out her airpods with her free hand.

"Hi Cass! Feeling any better?" Natalia asked as she picked up Cassidy's luggage for her right as she pulled away.

"Kinda. I just feel a bit drowsy" Cassidy said as she walked with Natalia to her room to be greeted by Delilah who was sitting on the top bunk.

Delilah looked up from the book she was reading, her red lips curving up into a smile. "Hi Cass. You feel better?"

Cassidy, with a look of indifference, shrugged, took out her airpods, and then flopped onto the bottom bunk. However, something seemed off. Her usually upbeat demeanor was absent, and instead, her cheeks were flushed with a deep rosy red.

Natalia looked at Delilah and shrugged her shoulders before turning and walking out of the room. The room fell silent with only the sound of the video playing on Delilah's phone. Cassidy was trying to tune out the noise of the video until suddenly, the door opened, and Conan walked in. Cassidy recognized his voice immediately, and her eyes snapped open.

"Hey Delilah is Cassidy back from the hotel yet?" Conan asked, looking up at Delilah.

"Yeah, she's on the bottom bunk. She didn't look too good" Delilah said as she paused the video on her phone.

Conan frowned and walked over to the bottom bunk, seeing Cassidy had sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Hi, Cass" Conan said, replacing his concerned frown with a soft smile as he sat next to Cass on the bed.

"Hm," Cass hummed, closing her eyes tightly at the surge of heat that passed through her body as goosebumps covered her arms even though she was in a hoodie.

It took Conan every fiber of himself not to throw his arms around the girl in a tight hug, instead, he just frowned again, there wasn't much he could do.

Delilah luckily saved the day and climbed down from the bunk bed and shuffled next to Cass, pressing the back of her hand to her forehead like a mom would do to her sick child.

"Jeez Cass take that hoodie off you're burning up," Delilah said, her eyes widening at the realization this sickness might be a bit more than a cold.

Cass sighed and threw her hoodie off, her superache tour t-shirt on under which caused Conan to smile.

"Love the shirt," Conan said, his eyes flicking from the shirt to his favorite pair of green eyes.

A small smile formed on Cassidy's lips as she stared back into Conan's reassuring eyes, Delilah called over Conan's manager who only had some honey for her throat and a cold damp rag for her fever. So now Cassidy was lying in bed with a damp rag and the lingering taste of honey in her mouth, feeling miserable and still a mix of hot and cold.

As Cassidy lay half asleep in the bed, Conan sat beside her still, holding his phone with his favorite romantic comedy "The Proposal" playing on it. While the movie played, Cassidy's eyes were half-open, yet she still managed to chuckle at some of the funny scenes. Conan couldn't help but glance over at Cassidy every so often, admiring her despite how tired she looked.