𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗑𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗇𝗎𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋𝗌

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄ups & downs ' 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗑𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗇𝗎𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋𝗌

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
ups & downs ' 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗑𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗇𝗎𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋𝗌

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄ups & downs ' 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗑𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗀𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗇𝗎𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋𝗌

MARCH 2012...

Moriyama Saori sat at her designated seat in her home room classroom where there weren't many students present seeing as it was already 6PM. She peacefully was finishing off her maths homework until she got a tap on her shoulder. Saori looked up from her homework to see three girls; she recognised them as Honda Mayuri, Miyama Ichika, and Sakurajima Momoka.

"Moriyama-san, can you please do this sheet for us because the teacher asked us to do it but me, Ichika-chan, and Momo-chan are very busy you see. Be a good friend and do it for us." said Honda Mayuri who was in front of the two girls, looking as if she was the leader of their little friend group. Honda held out a thin paper booklet towards Saori.

Obviously Saori couldn't hear anything. Thankfully though, over the years, she has learnt how to lip read so she could understand what the girl was saying to a certain extent.

Not being able to say no, the girl timidly nodded her head and took the paper from Mayuri. The three girls gave Saori a smile but anyone could tell it was fake. They spoke some words to each other and giggle, strolling away with their heads held high.

Saori let out a sigh. She already had quite of bit of homework and things to catch up on seeing as she joined a bit later than others but now she's got this as well. She decided to finish off her maths homework before walking to her cousin's volleyball practice.

When she arrived, she saw the team practicing spikes as a particular blonde was setting. It was Miya Astumu, the teen who was cheekily flirting with her the first day they met. Saori couldn't help but become mesmorised with how skilled he was. The way he made the spikes effortless for the spikers in all different positions. The girl wondered how long it took Astumu to master this skill.

As she was thinking about him, he noticed her standing there at the doors. Astumu let out a big smile and immediatly jogged towards the girl, ditching the spiker which earned him a scold from the coach.

He waved at her and slowly mouthed "Hello Mori-chan". Saori's heart melted when she realised he purposefully talked slowly for her, it brought a genuine smile to her face as she waved hi back to him. Since she didn't have her communication book, the girl took out her phone and typed a message.

"How's practice, are you a setter?"

His eyes widened with surprise because he didn't know she knew the positions in volleyball. Astumu stuck his hand out carefully to get the phone so that he could write a message back.

"I didn't know you need volleyball. But practice is good. How are you?"

"I know a bit about volleyball because of Shinsuke-kun. I'm done with homework and ready to go home."

"Do you want me to walk you home?"

"It's fine Astumu-san, you have volleyball practice anyway. I'm fine on my own."

"Are you sure? I don't mind."

"Astumu-san, please don't walk me home. I don't need your help."

Noticing his frown and how harsh her words sounded, Saori quickly began typing on her phone again.

"I'm sorry Astumu-san, that sounded rude and all you wanted to do was help me. You can walk me another time :)"

But before the boy could take the phone, Moriyama saw how he turned back. Her eyes followed his and she realised his coach is telling him to go back to practice. She decided to slowly step back and wave everyone a goodbye. However before she could leave the school grounds, the boy went over to her and stopped her. His hand once again, sticking out but this time with a different phone.

She, being confused, just looked at the phone and then back at the boy. Her eyes gazed from his eyes to his lips, seeing how he slowly mouthed "Your number". Saori instantly blushed as this is the first time a boy out of her family asked for her number. The girl shyly took the phone from his grasp, their fingers grazing each other, and saving her number as "Moriyama Saori".

Miya Astumu grinned at Saori, waving her a goodbye and turning his back facing her so he could jog back towards the team. What she didn't see was him changing her number from 'Moriyama Saori' to 'Mori-chan'.

 What she didn't see was him changing her number from 'Moriyama Saori' to 'Mori-chan'

AUTHORS NOTE
I'm sorry for the long wait everyone
I promise I'll update more often!!

────── HAIKYUU fanfic
ʿ ★。# COPYRIGHT © -𝐖𝟎𝐍𝐖𝟎𝟎 ʿ𝟮𝟴 | 𝟬𝟮 | 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰