ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟣𝟦 - ᴇʟ ᴀᴍᴏʀ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴇɴᴇ ғʀᴏɴᴛᴇʀᴀs

ᴇʟ ᴀᴍᴏʀ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴇɴᴇ ғʀᴏɴᴛᴇʀᴀs

(ɴ.) "ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴀs ɴᴏ ʙᴏᴜɴᴅᴀʀɪᴇs."

______

The next day David woke up alone. Darrian and Tyler had left, it seemed. He got up, stretched, and walked to the living room. He saw his best friend's grandma right there, sleeping. A little confused, he went and checked her pulse. She never slept in like that so he became concerned and gently shook her shoulder to rouse her awake. Sure enough, she woke up but was a tad bit annoyed. He was relieved nonetheless.

She got up, rather slowly due to her old age and went into the kitchen. The kitchen was her safe space and David knew that, so he wouldn't disturb her in there when it wasn't necessary. He went back to the shared room and laid on the bed, becoming lost in thought minutes later.

He thought about her words that were said to him last night. Should he just confess? Would he really go through with it? David couldn't shake the worry from his mind. Rejection was humiliating. He knew that firsthand. What if's started rotting his mind. He knew they were irrational given what Darrian's grandmother said. "What is my issue?", he thought. Why couldn't he just say it despite the foreseeable rejection? People say they feel relieved after confessing even with knowing that they'd get rejected. Why could they do it but not him?

Darrian was smart, handsome, kind, and so much more. David felt lucky to have a friend like him, yet his feelings for Darrian went beyond friendship. He felt like a side character in a Korean drama he watched where a love triangle was evident. The girl who liked the guy but the guy liked the other girl. It always broke his heart to see them rejected. They were pretty, kind, and all around a good person. Some of them were, in his opinion, better than the main girl, but that was beside the point. He heard the door open and fast footsteps, which took him out of his thoughts, and sat up.

Tyler and Darrian went into the kitchen and greeted his grandma before walking back to their shared room. The door was opened and David could clearly see the smile on Darrian's face the second they entered the room. Tyler and Darrian seemed to be in high spirits, but David couldn't shake the feeling.  He laid back down, turning so that his back was facing them, and went back to sleep.

Tried to, at least.

Tyler pulled out the pullout bed and sat on it, crisscrossing apple sauce, "is he sleeping?" He asked.

Darrian went and sat on the end of the main bed, and leaned back. "Yeah." He answered.

"That was fast, but anyways. I'll leave you to it." He said, abruptly getting up and leaving. David, half asleep, took notice of that.

Darrian looked over and then suddenly scooted closer to him. If he wasn't fully awake before he is now. His heart began to flutter as Darrian moved in closer, but he kept his eyes shut and pretended to be in a deep slumber. His body was turned in an awkward position so that he was half lying on his back and his legs were still in their original place.

And—

And then something happened. It was a simple action, it didn't take much movement or effort. Darrian didn't do the most when he did this action. It didn't harm him in any way. He reached out and gently tucked a strand of hair behind David's ear, his touch light and tender. Then he kissed him. David's mind was actively frying from disbelief. It was a small peck on the lips but still, he voluntarily did that on his own volition. Then a gentle whisper came right after, "I wasn't told everything and still don't know why what was said to me that night I came to get you was said but I'm hoping that you'll tell me someday, I do know one thing for certain though," he paused.

"You're a horrible fake sleeper." He plucked him on the forehead before leaving the room. It took David three whole minutes to open his eyes, only to see Darrian's grandmother standing in the doorway. Her smile was smug, "you hungry?" She questioned. David scowled before nodding.

The 'I told you so's' came soon after he got up.

Breakfast turned out to be better than expected. Of course, the meal was nice, they were always good—better than good. The aroma of freshly cooked bacon filled the air, and the sizzle of eggs in the skillet added to the comforting sounds of morning. He kept touching his lips the whole time though, utterly shocked at what took place that morning. His stomach felt queasy, but not to the point where he couldn't eat. Like there were butterflies in there, just roaming around.

He didn't even know why, it wasn't like that was his first kiss or anything. He'd kissed many girls, not so much boys but still. It was a little embarrassing, to say the least. Already having the plates, forks, and spoons out; She grabbed a plate and put a heap of food on it and sticking a fork on top before giving it to him. He gladly accepted and started eating.

He looked up at Darrian's grandma and asked, "Where did Darrian and Tyler go?"

"I asked them to go run some errands for me, they'll be back soon." She replied.

They sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes before the fifteen-year-old's grandma popped a question. "How did it feel?" She inquired. He finished swallowing the food in his mouth before answering.

"The kiss? Oh um—" he was cut off immediately, "No not that, how did it feel finally knowing that he won't reject you?" She interjected.

His eyes widened at the question and he stopped eating abruptly.

He didn't know what to say.

______

ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ

ɪ ʀᴇᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ᴘʀᴏᴠɪᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ ʟᴀᴡ. ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇ, ᴅɪsᴛʀɪʙᴜᴛᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ/ᴏʀ ᴀᴅᴀᴘᴛ ᴀɴʏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴇʀᴍɪssɪᴏɴ.

ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ!