ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟩 - ᴛʜᴇ ᴄɪɢᴀʀᴇᴛᴛᴇ ᴅᴜᴇᴛ

"ᴄɪɢᴀʀᴇᴛᴛᴇ ᴅᴜᴇᴛ" ʙʏ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇss ᴄʜᴇʟsᴇᴀ.

(ɴ.) "ɪᴛ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ᴄɪɢᴀʀᴇᴛᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ᴍ sᴏʀʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴅɪᴅ ɪᴛ (ɪᴛ's ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ᴄɪɢᴀʀᴇᴛᴛᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴏʀʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅ ɪᴛ.)"

"ʜᴏɴᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀᴜsᴛ ᴍᴇ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴏᴘ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ."
__________

Before they could even start, that certain somebody started banging on the door, violently so.

That spooked the hell out of them both, they had no idea who it could be.

David sat the script down on the coffee table in the living room.

"Upstairs, I think I know who it is." He had a feeling it wasn't gonna be too long for him to arrive.

David went upstairs and hid, leaving Chris to deal with the person on the other side of the door.

He opened it to reveal darrian, who surprisingly didn't look angry at all, rather...worried?

That confused Chris, who let him in, closed the door, and sat down with him. "You're not angry?" He blurted out.

"No? I mean- I was. On my way here. When I thought he was here. Why?" Darrian's voice cracked three times during that one sentence.

Chris said nothing, his heart completely broke for the 15-year-old.

"Nothing, I just— how are you feeling?" He changed the subject.

"Worried! He hasn't been answering any of my calls or texts, at first I just thought he was ignoring me, I hoped that but then— a week passes. No word from him and his other friends said that they have been contacting him too. No word from him on their parts either."

He sighed, feeling guilty, "Cmon, I'll show you where he's at."

"What?"

"Cmon darrian." He gestured the 15-year-old to follow him up the steps of his spiral staircase.

They made their way to Chris's spare bedroom and once there, knocked on the door.

"David, cmon out. He knows." Chris ordered.

Shuffling around was heard, furthering his confusion.

"David?" Chris questioned, "Are you alright?"

"Yes!" He made an "umph" sound as he fell down and held his arm. He knew he shouldn't have hidden in the closet.

There was a katana in there, much to his despair; and he had accidentally cut his forearm really badly. Like pass-out-in-the-next-few-seconds bad. He also had a tiny fear of blood itself so all around his situation was bad.

"Why is there a katana in the closet." He whispered to himself, annoyed.

Realizing he couldn't fix it himself, he summed up the courage to ask:

"...Do y'all have gauze?"

_____

"How the hell did you manage to cut yourself like this?" Chris asked him, genuinely stunned.

They were now back in the living room, sitting on the floor as to not get blood on the white carpet and couch.

Chris was wrapping up his wound. He wasn't a doctor but he had done this plenty of times before so he had kinda.. perfected it? Morbid, he knew. But it was a good skill to have nonetheless.

After he was done, he gently let go of David's arm.

"I'm gonna leave you two alone to talk," he said, "and please go to the hospital and get that checked out, david. In fact, Darrian make sure that happens." With that, he went upstairs.

Inevitably, the tension in the room grew. David closed his eyes, his back turned to darrian.

Darrian started first,

"Why did you do this?"

_____

ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ

ɪ ʀᴇᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ᴘʀᴏᴠɪᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ ʟᴀᴡ. ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇ, ᴅɪsᴛʀɪʙᴜᴛᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ/ᴏʀ ᴀᴅᴀᴘᴛ ᴀɴʏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴇʀᴍɪssɪᴏɴ.

ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ!