ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟫 - sᴘʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴛʜɪɴ

sᴘʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴛʜɪɴ ʙʏ ᴍᴀʀɪᴀʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄɪᴇɴᴛɪsᴛ

(ɴ.) "ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴡɪᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇs ʏᴏᴜ."

________

—Elijah caught himself mid sentence and stopped talking completely, the realization hitting him like an oncoming truck.

"Um-" he started, trying to figure out what to say.

"David needed help with an issue so I gave him some advice. Basically I told him to figure himself out and stay away for a bit. I didn't know he was talking about you but uh— my advice still stands. Boy or girl." He said, instantly regretting that last line a little bit. He prayed the boy on the other end of the phone would not notice it.

"What are you talking about? What advice?" He asked, getting even more angrier by the second. He ended up completely ignoring that last sentence, much to Elijah's relief.

The older boy on the phone mentally sighed, thanking god. He, himself, knew that darrian could be perceptive even when angered.

"I really think that's for him to tell you when he's ready, not me." Elijah stands his ground with those words, ready to repeat them if he urges on.

"Explain to me this exactly, so because he has this secret that he can't tell me for some reason," he scoffs before continuing, "gives him full right to just..." he didn't finish his sentence, not knowing what to say without getting even more pissed and for a full thirty seconds, nothing was said.

"... I think he took my advice the wrong way and led me on a little to believe something else, which now I am realizing was probably for his own safety and assurance." Elijah started, breaking the silence, "you do have a right to feel upset and angry by this but not at him, he did this based off my advice."

"But I am not mad at you or him! I am worried— was worried!" Darrian said, correcting himself and then letting Elijah speak.

E let out a sigh, "look, I get where you are coming from but I can't tell you. It is just not my place to do that. I'm gonna hang up now, tell him to go in a separate room. Me and him need to talk personally."

"Ok." He hung up before Elijah could say goodbye accidentally.

Then David's phone started ringing, "I'm sorry, I've got to take this." He left the living room on his own volition, running straight upstairs and slamming the door shut.

Darrian sat downstairs on the couch by himself, alone with his thoughts.

He thought about turning on the tv or getting on his phone but didn't. Instead he closed his eyes and relaxed, falling back into the comfort of the couch.

Though he was upset, he wasn't just going to leave him there, about 20 minutes away from where they were, a community of gang members resided comfortably. He wasn't taking any chances. Hospitals weren't his thing.

Well, maybe he wasn't going to leave him there.

He waited and waited till David came down the stairs, his expression unreadable. Chris came running down the steps after him and hugged him tightly before whispering something in his ear.

David nodded and stiffly hugged him back.

Chris let go and walked towards darrian, grabbing his hand.

"How about we go somewhere together. Just the two of us? There's a lot I wanna say to you." Chris said suddenly.

Darrian didn't see this as an issue and agreed, though he was a bit confused.

Chris grabbed his keys off the coffee table and led him outside to his car.

He unlocked the car doors and they both got in. Then Darrian popped the question he hoped he wouldn't ask, "You were kidding right, Isn't David coming?"

He put his keys in ignition, but halted to speak. Being too focused on leaving could result in darrian not trusting him. He didn't want that.

"Nah, but he's gonna be fine, don't worry." He replied, trying his best to reassure him. Darrian became very weary but, in the end, trusted him.

David had no where to go anyways, right?

Chris shook his head and looked at his house one more time before pulling off.

________

ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ

ɪ ʀᴇᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀʟʟ ʀɪɢʜᴛs ᴘʀᴏᴠɪᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ ʟᴀᴡ.  ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇ, ᴅɪsᴛʀɪʙᴜᴛᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ/ᴏʀ ᴀᴅᴀᴘᴛ ᴀɴʏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴇʀᴍɪssɪᴏɴ.

ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ!