2. Punishment

Abhiveer's POV~

As I entered the dining room with me came a pin-drop silence. Even my siblings, who were joking and laughing, are now looking at their plates.

Releasing a deep sigh, I sit at the head chair of the table. Looking straight my gaze met my dadu's, who was sitting on the seat right parallel to me. I nodded in respect to the once king.

It's not every day, but today I was angry and my family could sense it very well.

They already know of the early morning incident where our worker was caught red-handed trying to sell our secrets to the media. Which of many -consisted of our mafia side information- the media and the world were unaware of.

A new's doesn't take longer to reach our family men.

I wished to tell my siblings to not fear me. But for the first time in my life, I was coming short with the words. This was the time when I missed the older me the most. The one who could communicate with his siblings on a deeper level.

My mumma came closer to fill my plate with the dishes of today's breakfast.

Yeah, she's still my mumma for me but I wasn't the old me. I didn't know how to address her with the endearment when her son came back home every day covered with blood.

I tried to pass her a small smile but I knew It wasn't my cup of tea. At least not for now.

That's how we had our today's breakfast in complete silence. I was missing the bickering and laughing of my siblings the most at the moment but I didn't know how to voice my thoughts to them without being vulnerable.

Soon everyone departed to their respective jobs.

My siblings are on their way to their college.

The ladies for the family indulged themselves in the preparations of the Coming Karva Chauth.

When I left the four walls of our Raj haveli I was greeted with the sunrays kissing my skin.

I walked to the Royce Royal White car parked outside ready to take me to Rathore Enterprises with its running engine.

In the rearview mirror, I saw 5 SUVs joining behind. And we left the Royal Property and were in the main city.

In the car where I was free from the Clutches of the outer world and my thoughts soon turned to my Angel.

I remembered the memory where I was almost on the verge of unconsciousness if not for her babbling. And that curiosity to know more about her.

I still remember the conversation where she told me about an incident where she and her friends were almost suspended from their college because they had mixed glue with their professor's tea because the previous day he had lectured them when they weren't the one at fault.

And the proud glint she had when she told me all about the incident and even when she told me it happened when it wasn't even two months before she had been admitted to the college.

And I didn't even know when a chuckle escaped, remembering those memories. The driver passed a glance my way and I turned to head to look outside the window with a plain feature.

When we reached Rathore Enterprises some employees were still arriving. I always wish to be punctual and expect the same from my employees.

As my employees noticed me entering they bowed their heads with the murmurs of Good Morning.

To their response, I just nodded.

Upon entering my office the first thing I did was to hang my blazer on the head chair and power my computer on. Just as I settled a knock sounded,