Chapter 14: Lesson

Jayden Roberts|16
"Chill on me.  I'll chill on ya brother pack"
(Jay)

Jayden and Ashanti were laying down in the movie room, the others had went to go get ice cream and they used this as an opportunity to get some alone time

The teens had secretly been dating for a long time now and were being successful in keeping up the lie, "So Ashanti" Jayden said.

Ashanti looked up from he boy's chest looking at his face wanting him to continue, "so I was thinking maybe we could..." he trailed regretting starting the conversation.

"If we could what" she asked confused, "I-uhm-you know" Jayden was very nervous cause he didn't know how to ask the question, he took a breath and called his nerves down before speaking.

"You wanna be my girlfriend...o-officially" He had never had problems with girls before and it was usually them stammering and getting nervous around him.

Ashanti's eyes lit up and her heart did backflips jumping into Jayden's lap and wrapping her arms around his neck straddling him, "yes" she yelled happily.

Jayden hugged her back tight and breathed in her sweet scent, "You wanna tell the others?" She asked the reason they kept their relationship a secret was because it was more of a friend's with benefits kind of thing.

They didn't think their friends needed to know especially since it was no strings attached and strictly just for each others pleasure.

Over time they actually caught feelings for each other but didn't know if the other felt the same way and they both never acted on it hoping they would just go away, but as they hung out with each other they both grew confident the other felt the same way.

Ashanti legged her head from his shoulder and kissed him getting off his lap and sitting down in her original position, "when you wanna do it?"

She thought for a second and came up with the idea to do it tomorrow while they were eating.

Marcus and Nick had left 10 minutes go to go to a secret meeting and the teens were all getting ready to go to the party, "this shit bet not be lame" Legacy said putting on her heels

"It's not Karmen parties be lit as hell" Essence jerked her head up looking at Jayden, "My nigga did you just say Karmen!"

Essence and Karmen had fought a month prior before she got locked up because Karmen was running her mouth about how her mamma dead and they dad sell cocaine.

So Essence saw her outside of school and ran up on her, ever since then they both hated each other and would go back and fourth on social media.

"Hell nah I'm not going to that lame bitch party" Essence said taking off her shoes and jacket, "come on essence-hell nah! Y'all niggas can go but my black ass not stepping into that piss smellin ass house" Essence didn't even know how Karmen was in Miami, the last time she saw her she was back in New York.

"Bro come on it's not even ha place it's an Air BNB, her parents are out" Jayden tried to persuade her but she wasn't hearing it.

"Nan y'all niggas go party I'll stay here and tell y'all if them other niggas coming back" Essence walked up the stairs with her mind already made up and her mood was completely ruined since she wasted all this time getting ready.

"If my sister hate a bitch I hate a bitch I'm not going either" Ashanti said taking off her shoes and walking behind essence, "me neither y'all boys have fun it's my sister over anything" legacy shrugged following the two girls.

The boys groaned but secretly admired how the sisters stuck together, I guess it happens when you've been through hell all your life.

"Igh we going or what" Izaiah asked leaning on the counter, the boys nodded and they walked out the door into the Uber.

Essence Harmony Anderson|15
"Talk bout my brother. you'll meet him."
( Moni )

Essence was in the connected bathroom to her room in the house, she was taking off her makeup very rough and aggravated, "don't scrub so hard you'll mess up your skin" Ashanti said taking the wipe away from her

"Fuck Ashanti I'm so mad bro!" Essence stomped and sat on the toilet, "why?" Her sister asked, "because I was really bout to go to that bitch party like this shit get on my nerves" Ashanti was confused to say the least Essence didn't know so why was she so mad.

"Like Ashanti I'm so sick of bitches talking about our parents and our fucking lives and it makes me so angry cause they see I would stomp a bitch face to the ground and they keep running they mouths, and then they pop up outta nowhere."

Essence was going on and on about how she's been feeling about past and the present situation they're currently in and Ashanti understood and related to everything her sister was feeling.

"Moni listen...you can't let these bitches get to you it's obvious that fighting them not doing shit cause the embarrassment dies down, but the way our lives is will never change and that's why they keep doing it."

Essence listened to her sisters words taking it all in feeling more relaxed, "I need you to understand that people are always going to talk and you can't use violence to solve every issue now I'm always going to be behind you but this fighting shit gotta end once we go back home."

Essence nodded understanding her sisters words and how she wanted a better life and reputation, they all do the sisters have been through hell together and they all need to learn that people can control their words just like they can control how they respond.

Sometimes the best get back is to not get one at all and just let them look stupid cause at the end of the day, none of this will matter.

Authors Note
Hope y'all enjoyed my little message at the end of this—shits finna get real. 😹