[Chapter 1]

Rania lifts her arm and earns cold looks from her classmates. She is the only one who lift the arm.

She is the only one who knows how to solve the equals which are written in the blackboard. She knows that they call her asian nerd behind her back. She knows that they hate her. She knows that all the looks are on her. She knows all that.

She feels it everyday.

The teacher finally calles her out and she solves the equals on the blackboard. Only the teacher is happy about the result. Then Rania sits back down and keeps following the lesson. As always.

She walks home in regular and straight steps. Her back is straight and she has a smile on her face but her dark blue eyes glow somehow cold.

She hates her fate. She hates her looks. She hates that people judge her and give her the fault for things other poeple did. Why do they all think that Asians are bad people? She was half-half.

She talked that 'ching-chong' language and she had slit eyes how poeple used to call it. In other countries they would say it's rassistic, but here no one cares. Not even dad.

Rania enters the house and hangs her coat on the hook properly and puts her shoes into the shelf. Then she goes to her room to study.

Her dad enters her room soon after and looks at her work. "You know what I expect. A doctor or at least a lawyer has to be good at this."

She nods. "Of course father." Then he leaves again.

It hurts her to know that she doesn't have the choice of what she wants to do in life. She just has to follow the orders.

Rania takes a coffee and keeps studying until she shatters the book at the wall. Then she sighs and realizes. What if he heared that?

She quitely picks the book up from the ground and keeps learning. She knows how important it is for him to have an educated daughter. He forces education into her like nobody else would do.

His motto: "Though you look like your mother, you shouldn't be as stupid as her."

He already made her fluent in English, Chinese mandarin and Spanish also he rose her mathematics level to the level of a professor at college although she's only 17.

She sighs again. If mom was here she might have a happier life... But as long as she is a minor she has to stay with him.

Rania pushes the hair out of her face and closes the text book. She shuts her laptop and turns off her iPad.

Silence. Pull yourself together. Keep learning. Don't slip. Don't slip. Don't
slip.

-Weeks later-

Rania sits at the dining table and eats breakfast, she looks up to him with expectation in her eyes. "Father?"

He turns around to face her. "Yes? Is anything?" He notices her expecting look.

"What do are you waiting for? Is any special occasion today? Did I miss something? I don't think there was something today..."

He checks his phone. "Nope. Nothing's in my calendar."

She nods. "Oh... I... I just thought..." that you might have planned to give me a cake... or something...

Rania stands up abruptly and walks out of the kitchen straight to her room. She lays her phone on the bed.

While opening her closet a small picture falls out of it. She picks it up and notices that it is a selfie with mom. A silent tear escapes her eye but she quickly wipes it.