Chapter 43

————— Percy's POV: —————

Alfred brushed my hair gently as I sat in front of the mirror, my face totally unlike anything I'd ever seen of myself.

To say I was an Aphrodite kid's dream was an understatement. My nose had been perfectly blushed, my eyelids carried a golden glimmer to them, and my outfit practically screamed upper class.

I looked like I walked straight out of a magazine catalog on "top 10 best Starbucks drinks this season!" Or in other words very fall festive.

Unlike usual my hair was no longer its messy untamed self and instead waved down, cascading onto my shoulders and disappearing behind my back. A small chunk had been pulled back into a small ponytail which gave my earrings room to shine, enough to see the small loop at the bottom of my ear and to see the peaking out of the top two which glittered dramatically with the rhinestones that were held within the gold. It all felt out of place on me.

Luckily the outfit itself wasn't too dramatic, Alfred said I didn't have to go all out since it was my first official Wayne party and they wanted me to be comfortable, so all I had on was a simple long sleeved black dress, the dress starting about halfway up my throat and ending just a bit higher than mid thigh, underneath was some sheer tights, and I ended the outfit with some thicker boots which on the inside were like heels in their lifting abilities but were chunky enough to walk like normal shoes. Aside from my earrings, my jewelry consisted of a simple gold necklace with some fancy brand logo as the charm at the end and my watch, the one I'd received from Tyson and which I felt was the shining piece of the entire outfit.

Alfred finally set down the hair brush and smiled at me in the mirror as he placed my hair on my shoulders as if we were taking school photos or something.

Alfred smiled warmly, his eyes watching every detail, I could help but avert my eyes in slight embarrassment. I wasn't used to being so pampered.

"You look lovely Percy." Alfred said, his smile clear in his tone. I smiled back.

He took a step back as I stood up, holding the bottom of my dress as I stood up. I looked in the mirror and once again had to remind myself that this was me, Percy Jackson, Daughter of Poseidon and not a daughter of Aphrodite. I'm sure somewhere a squeal so loud rang out that it actually stopped Apollo's poems and Haikus.

"Let's go, the others should be joining us at the door soon." I nodded as we walked, my boots, although walkable, still required an adjustment so I held Alfred's hand down the stairs so that I could balance better, though I silently agreed with myself that if I were to tumble I wouldn't drag Alfred with me and would instead just let gravity take me.

Luckily, I did not fall. Instead we made it to the first floor without dying and began talking quietly about what I should expect from the event, including but not limited to, classical music, delicious snacks (Half he listed included sea creatures so I would not be indulging in most of them to say the least,) and some minor dancing. I figured I could roll with most of that. One of his most important rules though was to keep calm and if I were to get stuck talking to someone without anyone else around, to always be aware and keep the person talking about themselves. He said it was the easiest way to stay out of trouble.

In the middle of our conversation I heard someone walking down the stairs. I turned to find Damian in a black suit, his undershirt black as well with a green silk tie to stand apart from the rest of the outfit. He glanced over at me and suddenly I was needing to recheck myself to make sure I didn't look stupid because compared to Damian, I wasn't sure if I should've taken the comfy option.

Instead when I looked back up he gave me a kind smile, his shoes clicking fancily across the floor. I swear it was like these people exuded wealth through their pores.