Chapter 17

[RUBBING SHOULDERS]

Snook POV

I woke up the next day around 12, Imani was already up and on her phone in bed. I slept in my room with her last night on the ground. We talked for a long time, she told me about her mom leaving and about her evil ass step sister Ivy. It was so much I didn't even think she had gone through. I realized I had her all wrong. She wasn't just some spoiled ass girl from the suburbs. Her life was way more complicated than I could've imagined.

She told me I was a good listener. That made me feel good.

"You're up?" She said softly, the covers were up to her ears with just her phone in her hand sticking out so she could see.

"Yeah." I said checking my phone. I saw a text from Jayvaun reminding me to go to the studio. I stretched a little before getting up and going through my dresser for some clothes.

"Where you going?" She asked.

"To the studio." I responded simply.

"Oh.." She said kinda regretfully.
I thought about how she hasnt been out since I took her to the clinic.

"You wanna come?" I asked her.

She moved the covers away from her face. "Can I?"

"Yeah, just get ready I'm leaving in 30 minutes."

I went back into the guest room and lifted the mattress on the bed to get my gun and I tucked it into my waistband. I had to keep it on me at all times especially after shooting that KTF nigga. I got a target on my back. I headed outside and got into the car still fixing my clothes. As I was fixing my clothes my phone buzzed, it was Keniyah.

Ken💍
Wyd?

Nun, ab to head out and record

Did you wanna come by and see me later?

I was surprised Ken would ask me something like that, especially since I wasn't sure if we were back good. In any other circumstance I would say yes, but right now the block is hot. If niggas is out looking for me the first place they finna go by is my girl house. Everybody know me and Ken been fucking with each other for the longest.

I cant tn, imma be in the studio

I sent the text and locked my phone back. I started to pull off with Imani right next to me in the passenger seat. I let her get on the aux and she was playing some girly shit I had never heard before, it sounded good though.
I was lowkey nervous about going to the studio and meeting Jayvaun. Not even on no dickriding shit, I fuck with his music. I guess I'm just worried he might not fuck with me. I mean I ain't been rapping long at all, I might not be cut out for the shit. All I know is the streets, not no rapping shit. I also didn't wanna embarrass myself in front of Imani.

~*~

Imani POV