Chapter 16

[SPECIAL ATTENTION]

"He sayin he wanna get in the studio with me." I said as I sat in Cato's apartment with him and Coop. They seemed happy for me. They my day ones so thats no surprise to be honest.

"What Jayvaun said about Rome?" Cato spoke as he passed the blunt over to Coop.

"He didnt mention him, just me." I said plainly.

Coop coughed on the smoke as he spoke. "Oh- thats cold blooded there." He chuckled a little.

I shrugged in response. "How though?"

Cato interjected. "Because, thats Rome's whole song and it was his idea to put you on it." Cato is the smartest one out of all of us. And he calm as fuck. But he aint ever afraid to say whats on his mind or call some shit out. I like that about him.

"I get what you saying but it could be major for me. Am I just supposed to ignore a potential come up!?" I argued back.

"I dont think you shouldnt go to the studio with the nigga. At the end of the day Rome is a real ass nigga, he'll understand."

I shrugged my shoulders. To be honest I didn't give a fuck if Rome was upset or not. I have to do me at the end of the day.
I was brought out of my thoughts when I got a call from Keniyah. She's been ignoring me since she told me to go get a DNA test on Imani baby. I was surprised she called me since she seems serious about leaving me over the shit. But a nigga was still happy inside because she did.

I got up and walked outside to answer the call. "Hey."

"Hey." She said it kinda softly, like she wasnt sure if she should've called me at all.

"What's good?" I asked her, trying my best to remain nonchalant.

"Can you come over? I miss you."

Imani POV

I was in Snook's room scrolling on social media for the past two hours. I tried to stay in here as much as possible. It's so much shady shit going on in Dom's house and I don't wanna accidentally see the wrong thing. So I keep my head down and stay outta the way just like Snook told me too. I was trying to get my mind off of the DNA test.

The anxiety was eating me up inside. I didnt know if Snook was the father and what would happen to me if he wasn't. My worrying was interrupted by a DM on instagram. It was from Mordechai.

@d1.mordechai
Hey what's going on? Your phone off??
11:35PM

Yeah I got a new phone
11:35PM

@d1.mordechai
Is everything okay? You havent been at school all week.
11:36PM

I didnt know if I should tell Mordechai what's been going on. He's my friend but the entire situation was too traumatic to divulge over text. So i just made up a lie.

I'm living with my mom now, in New York.
11:36PM

@d1.mordechai
Wow, really? When did she come back around?
11:36PM

She's back now, thats all that matters. So yeah, I'm not coming back to school.
11:37PM

I started to cry as I sent him the messages. My life would never be the same after this shit. If I even survive it.