17. (Part 1)

2 days later...

Friday | 8:43 a.m.
August 30, 2019

Omniscient
Emil stood at the counter pouring himself a cup of coffee with one hand as he held and read the newspaper with the other.

Omniscient Emil stood at the counter pouring himself a cup of coffee with one hand as he held and read the newspaper with the other

He was keeping himself busy until his lady visitor woke from her slumber. Over the last two years, he'd gone out on dates, but out of those women, this woman was the one he'd been seeing the longest. It had been 8 months since they'd been seeing one another, and he was in love.

"Good morning," Antoinette said tiredly as she walked up behind him.

Looking over his shoulder before taking a sip of his coffee, Emil said, "There's my baby."

"How'd you sleep?" He asked as he felt her arms wrap around him from behind

"Not great, but okay." She responded as he turned around and leaned down to softly peck her lips.

Friday she'd missed their dinner reservations and she felt terrible. Her excuse was that there was a family emergency and that she'd lost track of time. Emil was an understanding man and Antoinette had never stood him up before therefore he didn't think much of her excuse.

After returning from Mexico nearly 3 years ago the two continued to communicate and she'd learned that he was a detective. That almost made her ghost him because she didn't want him getting too close and finding out what Shiloh was involved in and what she'd been helping him conceal.

When Shiloh had informed her that Charmaine was missing she assumed that he was only saying that to get her to come back home, but when a family member of Charmaine's reached out and said the same thing, Karla and Antoinette raced home. Almost two months after Charmaine's disappearance the video Shiloh had prayed was nonexistent turned up at their home and Antoinette and Karla witnessed the betrayal from Shiloh and Charmaine. That night was one of the most violent nights.

"What's this?" Antoinette and Karla sat at the kitchen island with the laptop in front of them. They'd just put in the USB flash drive that had been left on the porch in a yellow envelope that read "watch me".