5

On Saturdays my crew only had a half day of work. We were finishing up the construction of the set. It was really looking good, it was close to what I imagined so I was happy with the progress we had made. We had a couple more sets to make before we wrapped up in New Mexico. It turned out that I was staying for those other projects, which I was not to pleased with. But we were short a manager. Around three on the first Saturday I was down in New Mexico I had plans to pick up Chris at the airport at three.

I entered the baggage claim where I picked my stuff up a week ago. The baggage claim had huge windows that made it really sunny so I kept my sun glasses on and patiently waited with my sign. Bouncing on my toes I wondered how I even became friends with Chris. We weren't in the same circles, we had totally different jobs, and different lifestyles. But here I was standing around waiting with a homemade sigh that I had written his first name on. I know myself well enough to admit that making friends isn't the easiest for me, especially if I don't see them everyday. Everything about my friendship with Chris seemed fragile to me. I expected it to end any minute and just become a blimp in both our minds. I imagine I'll just become another random name of people he's met in his famous lifetime. He won't even think of me one day. And for me, well, I'll probably see some headlines on the milestones of his life like getting married, becoming a father, etc. I didn't know how to approach or feel about a friendship that I figured would dissolve. Was it worth even getting invested in? Was it worth getting deeply invested in?

I noticed him first as he came through the hallway. He had a hat on and was trying to look invisible. Sadly for him, he is a six foot, hunk of a man, so being invisible isn't much of an option. He finally glanced up from the ground and saw me standing there with a sign that read his name. He smiled widely and walked a little faster towards me.

"Lucy," He greeted happily, and I grinned seeing him. He had shaved his beard and his hair peeking out from under his hat was blonder. I almost missed the beard, but either way he still looked great.

"Hey Chris" I said and I felt the urge to hug him, but I didn't.

"It is great to see your shining face, let me tell you, this week has been awful!" I told him as we walked towards the line with his luggage. His smile reached his eyes and he said nothing but he didn't need to. I helped him grab some of his luggage and we were off to my rental car.

"You know I kinda miss the beard" I mentioned  to him backing out of my spot, and he touched his face.

"Me too, but Cap's gotta look clean cut."

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I'm staying here an extra few weeks. Well, I'm staying the full length of the filming in New Mexico. I was only supposed to be here two weeks but not anymore."

"What happened?"

"I've got to find a new construction manager."

"Oh yeah, ouch. I'm so glad you fired that asshole."

"He had it coming to him. I've already got Whitney accepting applications."

"Good for you. I'm sorry you had to put up with him."

"Me too, he's lucky I didn't take this car and run him over with it a couple of times." We reached Chris' hotel, which was worlds fancier than mine. His hotel was a regular five star hotel, with valet parking and a fountain outside. It was bigger, and taller than my hotel.

"Here let me help you get your stuff." I volunteered parking the car. We both got his stuff out and headed into the huge lobby. The lobby was huge, with a piano playing and a full bar. The furniture was clean, comfy looking but high end. I'm pretty sure I saw myself in the tile below me feet. The glass ceiling was high and gave the lobby a very open feeling. Chris checked in and we headed up to his room.