Nine

Nine 
-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

He didn't hesitate to react and pulled her into his arms as if it was the most natural calling of his body, as if he had already anticipated that she belonged exactly within the confining bands of his strong limbs.

And Izzy sunk into him with a stutter that escaped her lips as a tremulous moan as every corded inch of his frame met hers. Kaede was bent over her, his lips opening upon her mouth with hungry appeal, and she tipped her head back, ready to accept him. She clung to the lapels of his coat, unsure if she were using him for support or attempting to pull him further down to meet her, yet she found she couldn't care. Right then, in the shadowed little alcove in Ravensfield, Isabella Hawkins was so consumed by the fiery need rampaging through her body that she rather believed she was a moment away from climbing the body of the male who was the cause of it.

His arms swept across her lower back, pulling her flush against the unrelenting muscle of his chest, and the feel of his long fingers splayed against her spine sent a shudder rippling under her skin. Everything about him felt overwhelming- from his size, his height, the massive solidity about him... Izzy felt marvellously petite in comparison, something that rarely ever befell her. And when he boldly pressed his tongue to the seam of her lips, testing her response, he found no resistance.

With a gasp, she parted for him, the feeling of his slick tongue claiming her mouth had her sucking in a breath, caught in her lungs as she marvelled at all the frenzied sensations he was evoking.

Beneath her chest, his muscles flexed and contracted, a gruff sound caught between their lips. She felt him shift, her skirts lifted and a cold draft met her stockinged ankles before something warm and silken wrapped around her calf, sliding tightly towards her thigh.

Through the sensual haze fogging her mind, she realised the caress to her leg was his tail, and a shiver ran through her at that. Wicked, wicked male...

Kissing Kaede was like being swept up in a wave and carried along in the current, his lips an endlessly provocative dance as they moved and teased hers with playful nips that soon deepened into heady, open-mouthed claiming. Izzy had admittedly kissed a fair number of men but none of them had ever made her respond quite in the manner this specific male was. Every slide of his tongue, every whisper of his breath against her cheek, every stroke of his fingers against the curve of her back, she felt so keenly her skin came alive for it.

When he parted from her suddenly, she followed his mouth with a wordless sound of protest, straining towards him for yet more, but then he was pivoting. She spun in his arms, the band of his tail loosening and retreating from her thigh and calf, and then Izzy was pressed against the wall.

His body followed hers with a breathless, "Shush," whispered in her ear. His hand snaked up her waist, his fingertips brushing over the curve of her breast, and then the column of her neck until he pressed his index finger against her lips.

She was caged between his body and the stone wall, an abrupt shadow cast over them making her realise that he had sense enough to pull the gauzy draping that framed the alcove closed, secluding them within and affording them privacy unless someone should part them... which, it eloquently dawned on her, could become a very concerning possibility if the muffled voices drawing nearer were any indication.

She stiffened at the sounds that filtered through to her muddled conscience, and turned her head, but Kaede caught her as soon as she did, pressing his body into hers and shielding her. Her throat constricted, knowing that he had heard whoever was coming down the passage long before she had and was doing everything in his power to protect what he thought was her worthy reputation.