Chapter 1

"Being the new girl in high school sucks," you thought walking towards your first class, people staring holes into your back, you were also late so that made it even worse. You had just moved to the Outer Banks for the year or that's what your foster mom had told you anyway. You were adopted, so at this point you didn't really care anymore. You sighed before opening the door, all eyes were on you immediately, you ignored it as the teacher nods at you, motioning for you to sit down. The only empty seat is next to a blonde-haired, blue-eyed boy who let out a low whistle when you sat down. You rolled your eyes and flip him off, catching the teacher's attention, "Miss Y/n, as a warning since you're new I'll let you off but that's not allowed here or else detention," The teacher said, as you nodded before whispering under your breath, "Damn this school is strict as hell." You looked over at the blonde boy to catch him staring intently at you, you smiled flirtatiously as you got out your books and stuff, before writing him a note. The boy watched you the whole time, neither of you paying any attention to the lesson, making sure the teacher wasn't looking, you passed the boy the note. He looked at you one more time, before opening it. Pretty boy, even though I'm nice to look at I would like to wait to know who you are before or else you're just a creep so thanks :).  He looked back up at you as you smiled before focusing back on the lesson for the rest of the class. 

JJ Pov.  

"Wow." JJ thought, just looking at the girl sitting next to him. His phone buzzes, he looks at it before looking back at John B who had a proud look on his face since he saw the whole thing. Kiara smirks at him, as JJ rolls his eyes jokingly before looking back at the teacher as the rest of the class goes by. 

Y/n's pov

Class ended, you stood up and grabbed your stuff walking out to find your next class, not surprised when the boy sitting next to you caught up to you. "So you find me pretty don't you?" he says as you chuckle, "In your dreams pretty boy," you joke. "I'm Y/n and you are?" you ask wanting to at least know his name. "JJ," he says, giving you his hand to shake. You take it and shake his hand with a smile. You see a couple other people walk up to you, "You know them?" you ask JJ as he nods. "Y/n, this is John B, Pope, Kiara, and Sarah," he says, you smile at them, "So you all know this creep?" you ask as John B breaks into a smile. "Yes we do," he says as Kiara glares at you. "I'm Sarah Cameron John B's girlfriend," Sarah says and instantly you can tell you and Sarah would be really good friends. "Can you stop glaring at her?" Pope asks Kiara before smiling apologetically at you. You shrug before getting out your phone to get Sarah's number when you saw the time, "Oh shit, I got to get to class, see y'all later," You say when you hear JJ yell, "Come to the keg party tonight." You held your hand up to show a thumbs up before running off to go finish the rest of your classes. Maybe the move wasn't so bad with a possible new group of friends who seemed pretty cool to hang out with, but you never know.