Chapter 15: The Return

My eyes widened and I moved out of sight as a man stepped out of the car outside. He had a police uniform on. I started to panic thinking about if he was here to find me or not.

My back was against the wall as I slid down it to sit on the ground. It was hard to think that just on the other side of the wall was a cop who could arrest me.

"Need a room?" Norman's slightly muffled voice said from the office.

"No..." the cops words made me panic, "I'm actually looking for somebody."

"Oh...?" Norman sounded like he was more nervous then I was, "w-who might that be?"

The cop paused for a second before speaking, "have you seen a man in a hockey mask?"

My heart sank, sure he wasn't looking for me but he was looking for Jason which means I'm probably going to be his biggest lead.

"N-no I haven't." Norman answered.

"You seem a little nervous son... you wouldn't lie to me would you?" The cop pushed at Norman.

"No sir I wouldn't." He replied in a calmer tone.

"Ok..." I heard some footsteps, "Please call me if you see him or anyone suspicious."

The door opened and closed before Norman walked back into the room with me.

"I should go back up to the house... Mother might be mad if I spend to much time down here." He stated while grabbing the now empty plates.

"Ok, have a good night Norman." I smiled as he lead me out of the office and to my room.

I unlocked the door and stepped inside the room. I had two options, either I take a shower or I go to sleep.

As tired as I was I couldn't stand how dirty I've become during my 'adventure'. I was surprised Norman hadn't asked about that. The only clothes I had were the ones I was wearing. I could probably clean them in the sink or something and let them dry while I take my shower. I was afterall way to shy to ask Norman if there was a laundromat anywhere.

So that's what I did. I cleaned my clothing in the sink with some soap and hung them up to dry while I got on the shower.

The water felt nice and soothing on my skin. As relaxed as I was, something felt off. I felt like there was something bad about to happen to me. Like something bad had happened here before.

My relaxation decreased and I felt the urge to leave the shower. The water stopped and I stepped out to grab a towel. The towel felt warm as I wrapped it around my body. My clothes weren't all the way dry but there was no way I'd feel comfortable sleeping naked so I just put them on anyway.

Once fully clothed, I basically collapsed onto the bed. Within minutes I was out and wouldn't wake until morning.

~○~

Knock knock knock

The sound at my door along with the sun in my eyes woke me up. If I could I would sleep here the entire day but unfortunately that wasn't an option.

"I'm coming." I groaned as I got out of bed and hobbled over to the door.

I went from sleepy to fully awake as the door swung open. "Must be tired after all the running."

The cop from before stood in front of me. "No, just not a morning person. Running?" I tried playing dumb.

"Ms. L/N, you've been quite difficult to find." I tried pulling the door closed but he just held it open.

I started to panic but still did my best to keep calm. He then started to step forward towards me, making my own feet step back away from him.

"You know where the serial killers are don't you?" He asked.

"Killers?" I tilted my head.

"Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees." He confirmed as he reached down to his gun.

"Michael is dead..." my words were soon proved wrong when a knife went straight through the cops neck.

He started struggling and choking on his blood while slowly falling to the floor. The man behind him was soon revealed to me.

"Michael?" As scared as I was from seeing the cop die, I was also relieved for I know he would have killed me.

Michael threw the corpse to the side. He was never known for showing much emotion but this was different. He reached forward and grabbed onto my shoulders. I was worried for a second that he changed his mind about me but soon enough found myself in a strong embrace. Something I never expected as I reached my arms around Micheal as he pulled me as close as he could to his chest. He was silent as always but I could hear his soft breathing from the mask.

After a little while of enjoying eachothers presence, we let go of eachother.

"I thought you had died..." my eyes teared up at the thought just to have Michaels thumb remove them. He softly held my cheeks in his hands and put the forehead of his mask down to my head.

The realization hit me, Jason lied. I could tell that the two killers didn't like eachother but for Jason to lie to me felt off. Maybe he just wanted me all to himself and Michael is the only one getting in the way of that. Michael must feel the same hatred for Jason.

Michael grabbed onto my hand, making me come out of my thoughts. He lead me away to a car I'm assuming he stole at some point. I left the room key on the door for when Norman returns. I wish I could say goodbye but it would put him in danger with Michael around.

So I followed Michael into the car, sitting in the passenger seat while he drives away from the lonely motel.

~○~

A/N
Hi guys
Thank you all so so much for 10k reads 🥰
I never thought this book would go this far and I'm so grateful for all of you