Chapter 9

Taehyung was frozen after hearing Jungkook's words

Taehyung was frozen after hearing Jungkook's words. He didn't know what he was suppose to do. Only one thing kept on repeating in his mind. So, he looked at Jungkook and gulped. He closed his eyes and without second thoughts he took off his pendant.

When he opened his eyes he was not in the room he was in before but instead he was somewhere unknown. The place was absolutely dark with no one around. "Hello! Is someone there?" he asked. Even though he was scared he didn't want to show it.
"Don't be scared. I won't harm you. I just need your help." he heard a women's voice around him. He tried to look for her but saw nothing.
"What do you need help for?" he asked.

"I was murdered. That man is killing people and then keeping our spirits to feed on them. I don't know his name but he is very dangerous. Please help us. There are many who have been trapped by him." she said with a quivering voice.

"You are not an evil spirit then?" Taehyung questioned again. "No! We are just trapped here and we need the boys help to free ourselves. Please help us." she said.

"OK! I'll tell him every......." "No! Don't talk about anything when you're outside your house he might hear everything." she said cutting him off. "Is he an evil spirit? " "He is worse. He..... Oh no! h...h....he is coming after me. I can't talk more." and with this the spirit left.

Taehyung opened his eyes and took a deep gasp. He suddenly fell not able to hold his weight anymore. But Jungkook caught him before he could touch the ground. "Are you alright?" Taehyung heard Jungkook's panicked voice. He just nodded his head weakly not able to say anything. He felt as if all energy had been drained from his body. "Can you walk?" he heard the same voice again. He nodded his head and tried to stand up but his knees buckled again.

"Don't tire yourself more. I'll help you." Jungkook said looking at the boy and quickly hauled him up in his arms. Taehyung just kept looking at him unable to speak. He was too tired to even get surprised by Jungkook's action. Jungkook walked towards the van with the others in tow. Nobody spoke a thing too stunned by what had happened today.

Jungkook kept looking at the middle row through the rare view mirror as they drove back to their home. Taehyung had fallen asleep with his head on Jimin's lap. Nobody had asked him a thing looking at his worn out condition.

After some time Namjoon spoke "It was very strange. He just closed his eyes. Stood there for a few minutes and when he opened his eyes he couldn't even speak. What happened to him? Did the spirit do something kook?"

"No hyung! The spirit just talked with him. I think they created a mind space where they had a conversation. And this must have taken a lot of energy from him." Jungkook said. He then looked outside the window towards the night sky. He was conflicted.

Why was I so scared? Why was I so worried for him? He thought to himself. These thoughts kept him busy throughout the ride. He never wanted such feelings to resurface in his heart again. He didn't want his past to repeat itself.

"Oh my god! Is he alright?" Jiha said as she and the others rushed towards the door from where Jungkook had entered with Taehyung in his arms

"Mom don't worry. He's just sleeping." Jungkook said and went upstairs towards Taehyung's room. After sometime he returned and gestured everyone towards the dining table. They all took their seats and looked at Jungkook curiously.

"He talked to the spirit today. I think she told him something because the conversation lasted for around three minutes." Jungkook said.
"Did you ask him about it?" Jaehwan said. Jungkook just shook his head at that.

"I want to request something from you guys." Jimin said suddenly catching everyone's attention. "Please don't force him to say things. If he wants time then please just give him that." "Are you serious right now? Time is what we don't have. If we want to solve this mystery quickly th..... " Yoongi was about to say more but Jimin cut him off and said "You don't know what he has been through. He's already mentally exhausted so please don't put more pressure on him." Hearing Jimin's words something in Jungkook's heart stung. "Ok! We won't ask him unless he is ready." he said without a second thought. Jimin just gave him a thankful smile. He was relieved that someone decided to listen to him.

They all were in their own thoughts and nobody saw a figure entering the room. Their eyes widened when they suddenly heard Taehyung's unexpected words.

"People are being murdered and then someone is feeding on their spirits."