Part 11

Taehyung's POV

"Hey, remember the guy you told me to go look for a few years ago?" I decided to bring the topic up since he didn't look so occupied right now, but it took Jungkook by surprise anyways.

"What about him?" He placed his phone away as he took the glass of water, taking a sip just to be respectful to the chef.

He always had very little appetite whenever we ate outside, being someone who likes homecooked meals more.

"I think I found him," thinking of the father of a certain little boy, Jungkook scoffed, not taking me seriously.

"You don't even know how he looks, hyung" he retorted, smiling but not really smiling as his eyes thrown to the outside view of the restaurant.

"But I know how you look when you're a boy," my comment made him frowned, and I decided to answer whatever question he popped up next.

"What's that supposed to mean?" As expected, he asked me the exact question I thought he'd ask.

"I found this guy who has a baby. And the baby looks just like you,"

"Hyung, I don't believe you" upon his word I instantly took out my phone, and scrolled through the photos.

"Kook, this is you. And this is the kid," showing how uncanny the resemblances between the two babies in the photos, Jungkook's eyes wavered before he pushed the phone back to me.

"...I don't have such cute pout," he mumbled, but I heard it nevertheless, making me roll my eyes.

"Well because the cute pout is from the mama side!" showing him the next photo, once Jimin was in his sight, he froze.

He fell quiet, his eyes never left the screen, and I knew it.

I hit bullseye.

Jimin's the guy he was looking for.

Jungkook didn't say anything about it, but I knew he hadn't moved on from that day.

He changed one hundred eighty degrees right after that night, looking for the small male like a madman.

He still went to every party and every club, but not to please himself or drown himself in alcohol, but to look for Jimin. Jungkook did it almost every night in search for him, but Jimin was never found.

At first I tried to help too, but there's not much I could do based on his description only.

Too many people attended the party we held at my house that night, and not to mention we stopped all the cars passing through and invited them to party as well.

I told him to just give up, which I did too.

Until the accident happened.

The sight of the boy crying next to his hurting auntie right as I rushed out the car, was a splitting image of Jungkook when he cried after he lost a fight with some puppy when he was around the same age about twenty years ago.

Jungkook being the one who was driving was more concerned about calling the ambulance and police to notify about the accident, so he had never realized the resemblances he had with the crying boy.

But I saw it.

However, that didn't mean that I was sure that he's Jungkook's son.

So I decided to wait for the mama.

And after a few more times spending with the small family, all my questions were answered based on Jihee's stories.

--

The timeframe fitted perfectly.

The time Jihee knew that her brother was bearing a child, it was the exact same time where Jungkook and I were frantically searching for the mystery guy.

"I think I know who's Hyun's papa, Jihee" telling the girl when I came to visit that one time without the presence of Jimin and Hyun in the hospital, Jihee was surprised at the sudden info.

"How?" she looked skeptical, and I knew she had all the right to look at me like that.

I was no more than a stranger in her family, how can I possibly know someone they didn't even knew of after all these years, right?

"Do you see this guy?" Showing him a picture of Jungkook, Jihee took the phone from my hand as she took a big bite of the food with her spoon.

"Wow, he looks a lot like Hyun. He's someone you know?" Her eyes went wide with her cheeks puffed filled with food, and I hid my smile at her cuteness.

"My brother who cooks the food you're eating right now,"

"You want them to meet, right? I still need to ask Jimin oppa about this. He has the right to decide," Jihee understood without much explanation from me, and she's somehow right.

Even though Hyun had the right to know Jungkook as the father, Jimin also has the right to decide.

Both for Hyun and himself.

"When do you think should we talk about this to him?" I asked after pondering a few moments, thinking how Jimin's reaction would be.

Jungkook seemed eager to meet him again, but the other might have a different thought altogether.

"How did your brother take it? He knows about Hyun, right?"

"He knows, and he...he stares at your brother and nephew's photos every time he get the chance to,"

"I'll talk to him," Jihee answered soft, and I carved a genuine smile on my face.

I sincerely hope they'll meet.