The Sanderson House

The three of us looked up at a large regal house, it was decorated simply with Halloween decorations. Max's eyes widened in awe, "Whoa, check out this house!" "Rich people, they'll probably expect us to drink cider and bob for apples," Dani replied. The three of us looked at each other, nodded, and proceeded forward.

The door was open, so we didn't have to knock, "Trick or Treat." We peeked into the hall, and we saw a table covered in every candy you could imagine!

"Jackpot." Dani exclaimed as Max was looking through the treats. I was filling up my candy sack as full as I could. "Max Dennison," a voice said in amusement.

We looked up and saw Allison, she was wearing a pink 1700s style dress that represented a lady of the royal court in France, I know because I lived in France for a year after my aunts were killed.

"Allison," Max said, flustered. "Ah, Allison," Dani smiled mischievously. "I thought you weren't in to Halloween," she walked down the stairs to talk to us. "I'm not, I'm just taking my little sister around," he explained. "That's nice," she smiled. "I always do it," he told her pridefully. "My parents made him," Dani piped up. Max dug his elbow into her ribs to make her stop talking. "Oh, and Destiny came along too," he gestured to me. "He invited me," I told her. "That's cool, I like your costume," she complimented. "Thank you, I made this." I said.

"By the way Dani, I love your costume," Allison told her. "Thank you, I'm really in to witches, we just learned about those sisters in school," said Dani. I felt my skin turn pale. "You mean the Sanderson Sisters? I know all about them, my mom used to run the museum." Allison said enthusiastically. "There's a museum about them?" "Yeah, but they had to shut it down because a lot of spooky things happened there," she told Dani as if she was telling her a secret.

"Why don't we go to this Sanderson house?" Max suggested. Dani was rapidly shaking her head no, and I joined with her because the last thing I needed was my aunts coming back to haunt me.

"Well come on, make a believer out of me," he was that desperate to get a date with Allison. "Well, I'd better go change they'll never miss me," she walked up the stairs to change out of her costume.

"Max, my friends told me about that place, it's weird." Dani complained. "Dani, this is the girl of my dreams," he stared off as Allison walked away. "So, take her to the movies like a normal person," she said. "It's really dangerous, I've heard many awful things happen there." I warned Max.

"Come on, it's not like they'll come back from the dead," he replied. "With the Sanderson Sisters, you shouldn't underestimate them." I remembered the horrible acts my aunts would commit with Black Magic. I knew Aunt Winifred, when she said she was going to do something, she always went through with it. Furthermore, I preferred not to know what would happen if someone did the act of lighting the Black Flame Candle.

Soon, we were off to the top of the old Salem cemetery and down the dark creepy path to my old prison; I preferred not to call it home because it wasn't. It was a prison that I dealt with for ten years. My aunts made my life a living nightmare, and I had a bad feeling about going back to the house because that meant I would have to tell my friends my secret.

"They say the bones of one hundred children are buried within these walls." Allison told us as if she was telling a scary story. "Ugh," Dani said disgusted. "She's right," I told Max and Dani. My heart was beating fast and it caused my chest to hurt. "How do you know? Were you there?" Max said with humor.

This was the moment I was dreading, but I knew it wasn't going to stay in the dark for long. "Yes, it's a matter of fact, I was." I told him. "The Sanderson Sisters are my aunts, I was there in 1692."