Yabos

Still Max's POV

We enter the hose and take in the fancy interior. We see the huge bowl of candy. "Jackpot!" Dani exclaims and we rush up to collect the goods.

Y/n's POV

I look down the staircase and sigh. Allison looks to see what I see. "What a coincidence. AND he's got a kid with her." She chirps. "Did you tell him to come here?" I ask sternly. Allison shoots her hands up in surrender. "No! He must've just stopped by for the haul." I look down and begrudgingly agree with her.

"Strike three?" She suddenly asks me. I snap my head in her direction. "Are you serious?" I ask her.

Strike three, the bet. We give the guy one final chance by the person who asks the question bet something of theirs. "Alright. We can discuss payment once this is over." I smirk before looking down the stairs to gain the pairs attention.

"Max Dennison." I call out. The boy looks at me, and his eyes nearly bulge out of his sockets. He quickly takes his cap off and hides it behind him. "Y/n." He says in surprise.

"Ooh, y/n, huh?" The girl next to him teases. I walk down the stairs while holding my dress up as to not trip. "I thought you weren't into Halloween." I wonder out loud. "I'm not. I'm just taking my little sister, Dani, around." He explains to me. My smile unnoticeably widens at the sweet action. "That's nice."

Max smiles and pulls Dani closer to him. "I always do it." He brags. "My parents made him." Dani confesses. I try hard not to laugh at that. "Do you guys want some cider?" I ask.

Max takes the offer while Dani tries to refuse. Allison joins me as we go grab the drinks. I hand the drink to Max who thanks me. We take a sip and Max looks around. "So, um, how's the party?" He asks me.

I shrug my shoulders. "Boring. Allison and I got candy duty" I remark and walk up to the bowl of candy. "Nice costume, Dani." I compliment her. "Thank you. I like yours too. Though, I could never pull it off since I don't have any- what do you call them, Max? Yabos?" Max spits his drink in his cup in shock. I smirk and look over to the boy before back at the girl. I quite like her attitude.

"Allison and I are gonna head out to do something soon." Max raises a brow. "Oh yeah?" Allison decides this is a good time to speak. "She thinks there's a fourth Sanderson sister. I don't really believe her. So we're going to the house to check out the proof she has."

"The house?" Dani asks with concern. "Place  shut down after some spooky thing were happening there." I explain to her. "Well, why don't we come with you? You can make a believer out of me." Max offers. I look him in the eyes before saying, "Alright, Dennison. Let us go get changed first." Allison and I rush up to the stairs.

Max's POV 

I sigh dreamily as y/n rushes up the stairs with her friend. Dani comes to my side and starts to speak. "Max, we're not going up there. My friends at school told all about that place. It's weird."

"Dani, this is the girl of my dreams." I tell her. "So take her to the movies like a normal person." She tries to rebuttal. I get on my knees and grip her shoulder. "Dani! Look. Just- just do this one thing for me and I'll do anything you say." I plead.

"Next year we go trick or treating as Wendy and Peter Pan. With tights, or it's no deal." Dani tells me, getting on my level of eyesight. I look up to where y/n  left and grab Dani  before she walks off. "Okay, okay. Deal. Deal." I repeat. Dani pats my back with a smug smirk on her face.