᯽ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ᯽

He was alive

He was alive. Thomas was sitting beside the hospital bed, his hand softly holding Newt's cold and pale one. He hated to see Newt in such situation. It was the second time he was there, the second time he was begging for Newt to wake up and show his smile.

"I know you hate me right now... And it's okay, I deserve to be hated," he said.

Lizzy was in the toilets with Harriet. She couldn't take it, to see Newt in this situation again made her feel like she was the one who stabbed blades into Newt's skin. She thought she couldn't stop him from hurting himself.

"It's not your fault," Harriet whispered into Lizzy's blonde hair.

She was hugging her tightly, rubbing small circles on her waist. Lizzy couldn't help, but start crying even more. The sight she saw when she walked into the room, scared her. She couldn't take seeing Newt in such situation, with his pale skin, his dark circles under the eyes.

"I should've stop him," Lizzy whispered.

Harriet kissed her head, letting her lips linger there for a moment before pulling away. Lizzy looked up at her, her eyes watering and her lips slightly trembling.

"You have nothing to do with this, it's no one's fault. Not yours, not Newt's not Tom Tom's, all right?"

***

It was the second Newt opened his eyes, and he immediately felt Thomas' presence. his eyes filled with shock when he noticed where he actually was, trying to realize what happened. He wants to stand up, but a hand was slowly pushing his arm back to bed, making Newt lay down weakly.

"Hey, hey it's okay, no panic," he heard Thomas say.

He couldn't tell if Thomas was crying or holding himself back from doing it, but it didn't matter. The only thing he could see in the brunet's eyes, was pain and guilt. His breathing became quicker when he noticed that something was on his mouth ad covering his nose.

He wanted to grab the thing from his mouth, but again two hands stopped him, holding them in his. Thomas bit his lip nervously and slowly and carefully removed the oxygen mask from the blonde's face.

"You're okay, you're okay..." he mumbled, tears falling down his soft, pink cheeks.

Newt wanted to say something, he wanted to Form a word, but there was a lump in his throat and his head hurt, especially his chest hurt. Thomas had both of Newt's hands in his, sitting there on the chair beside him.

"I'll be right back," Thomas whispered.

He placed a kiss on Newt's knuckles, before sprinting off to the nurses. Newt could only lay there, watch his surroundings. He hated being in an hospital, the memories would always come back and the walls made him feel unsafe.