Heart Strings

A/N: Thank you for reading and enjoy!

🎼

🎵🎶🎶

🎶

🎵🎵

Her small fingers gently touched the piano keys. With every note she pulled his heart strings. She was a ghost, only visible in the scattered rays of moonlight. In the empty theater, his world stopped. Her notes were his air and she was his peace. Like every night, she played the piano and he watched her from the shadows, too afraid to destroy the last thing that kept him sane. Just watching her was enough for a monster like him.

He was aware, every note she played held loneliness. Every night was the end of another hopeless day. One more day of the never ending wait for a man that would never return. For him, another day of guilt.

Everyday he wished she would not return yet every night he selfishly searched for her. One glimpse was never enough.

"Jason, one day.....I promise one day I'm gonna buy this whole damn place just for her. One day I'm really gonna buy it," Jason helped his staggering friend. At times like this, he wondered why he recruited the nutcase. "For her."

"Sure you are," Jason laughed at his friend. He looked at the theater one last time, dragging his friend out. To buy a place like this, they would have to rob a bank.

Jason wiped away his tears at the bittersweet memory. He regretted dragging a man - a good man like him into the hell he lived in. Ever since he came back from the dead, he always thought he was right. His way was right but was he right if people had to suffer because of him? Was he right if his people couldn't return home because of him?

The music ended, pulling him out of his thoughts. The woman's footsteps echoed through the empty theater as she made her way out. He quietly walked her home. Not once having the courage to make his presence known. 

Could he ever put an end to her fruitless waiting?

🎼

🎵🎶🎶

🎶

🎵🎵