Kat's a bad influence

Chapter Seventeen

Rob

Tonight Olympia was coming out with me and the boys, we had a week off of school and needed to let off some steam. Everything Olympia had told me two nights ago rested heavily in my mind.

Tears were a look that I didn't think any girl should have to wear, especially not the bad kind. And at the hands of some dick with no idea how lucky he was. As we all got ready at my house, me, Joey, Dan and El, it occurred to me that they might know something more about this guy.

Even though I'd never admit it, I had looked him up on Facebook, a tall blonde guy with a different girl on his arm in every photo has smirked back at me from my screen. Shaking his smug little face from my head, I turned to the boys who were sat around my living room, waiting on the taxi that would pick up me and El, then Olympia, while Joey and Dan got their own taxi to pick up Kat from her house, before we all met up at the club.

"Do any of you know a Chris Adams?"

Joey and El looked blankly at me but, Dan nodded.

"Yeah, we played footie together for a while till he quit the team, I think he objected to being on the bench and when the 'my father will be in touch' line didn't scare our coach, he quit."

Joey and El went back to scrolling on their respective phones as me and Dan talked, "Why the sudden interest anyway?"

I rubbed the back of my neck at Dan's question, "He's Olympia's ex boyfriend."

Dan grinned, "Competition, eh?"

I shook my head, "He cheated on her. No competition there."

A horn came from outside so we got out of our seats and, after checking that we had everything we needed, headed outside to the taxis.

"See you at the bar." El shouted to Joey and Dan as we got in our separate taxis, I gave the driver Olympia's address and told him to stop off there, then texted her to say we were on our way.

As we waited outside Olympia's house, I tried to predict what she would look like, she had tried – and failed – to describe her dress to me, but to be honest I didn't pay any attention. Olympia realised pretty quickly that I had no idea what she was talking about and decided that explaining it wasn't worth the effort.

No explanation would have prepared me for what I saw, as she walked effortlessly in a pair of ridiculously high shoes towards the taxi.  Olympia's dress was black, tight and had thin straps that looked to carry on down her back, and it went down to just above her knees. The top was low cut, a V-shape down her chest, with a piece of thin fabric across it. Her shoes were incredibly tall wedges, the straps were black and the wedge was a red and black pattern. Her trademark eyeliner made her eyes stand out, her eyelashes almost as long as her hair that floated in the breeze behind her.

She opened her gate and slipped through the gap, closing it behind her and making her way to the taxi. The confidence with which she strutted in those shoes surprised me, she often made jokes about her lack of elegance, but she navigated the path with all the grace of a runway model in my eyes.

El turned to me from the passenger seat when Olympia was about two metres away. "Aren't you gonna be a gentleman and open the door for her?"

"Er, okay." I pushed the door open and stood to greet Olympia, getting the full effect of her outfit without a window between us.

She smiled when she saw me, "Hey."

I grinned back as I lifted her hand and planted a kiss on the back of it, "Your chariot awaits, milady."