{21} Ointment

(Y/n)'s POV

I felt a lot better after the interaction I had with Kou, he managed to brighten my whole day. My teammates seemed to notice my bright expression. Although they were grateful I was smiling a lot more, they couldn't help but wonder who had put me in such a good mood. It definitely wasn't them.

Not paying attention to their inquisitive looks, I continued to scribble down on my notepad. Inarizaki is a good team, no doubt. Unlike our previous plays, we couldn't beat them only with devious strategies. Our players had to be just as skilled to play against Inarizaki, which I knew they were. All I could do now is strategize, cross my fingers and hope it works; that's how good Inarizaki was.

"(N/n), 'bout training with ya' on the weekends, is next week okay?" Atsu approached me, his classic ever so sly smirk stretched across his lips.

"Hm? Oh uh....yeah! Do you mind if other people come along though? Another friend of mine wants to join. I also wouldn't be able to manage three people on my own, so uh, that's one more person."

"That's alright," Atsu agreed even if he was quite annoyed.

He originally wanted to use training as a reason to be alone with me. Yes, his 'annoying brother' was still there, but it was better than having complete strangers joining the station. Whatever, he thought, at least I still get to spend time with her.

"I suggest you go to your own team, Atsumu-san. They look like they need you," Tsutomu spoke up, finally addressing the fox among the convocation of eagles.

"Right," he agreed, the tension in the air thickening. "Let's have a good match, eagles."

Timeskip~

Inarizaki had taken the first set, Shiratorizawa took the second. We were now on our third. The air on court was tense, matching the numbers on the scoreboard. 24 - Shiratorizawa, 24 - Inarizaki.

I narrowed my eyes, seeing as it was Atsu's serve. This is bad. We need to shut him down on his first. If not, Inarizaki will emerge the victor. I signalled Toshi to move backward, while Tenten, forward. The idea was to at least have Tenten touch the ball, either causing it to bounce to the other side of the court, or backward for one of Shiratorizawa's members to receive.

Oh? I perked up, noticing the slight shift of excitement the blond gave. There's a 94% chance he's going to miss, 1.2% to score, 4.5% for Shiratorizawa to receive, 0.2% for Inarizaki to receive the ball and a 0.1% chance of it hitting the net. That 0.1% could be divided into 0.04% and 0.06%, the latter the chances of the ball bouncing and falling on our end of the court.

I had always been one to calculate probability. The only reason why I did so was because I was an anxious person. I needed to know what was going to happen next so I could plan. I despised coming unprepared, it made me feel weak and incompetent. And no, the calculations weren't the work of my quirk. It would be unfair of me to use it.

Another reason why I was proficient in calculating probability was my father. He had noticed my distaste towards unreadiness, so he had taught me how to easily calculate chance, unintentionally making me a walking human calculator.

For once, I looked away from the clipboard, eyes scanning the crowd in search of a certain pro hero. I grinned, watching Kai standing in a secluded area. He gave me a thumbs up, cheering me on. I gave him an appreciative smile before focusing yet again on the game.

"Toshi, don't spike it!" Hearing my words of warning, the ace performed a rebound, causing Rin to frown.

He believed he already had the cat stuffed in the bag, but turns out, there was more than one cat to capture. In the end of the grueling rally, the point was Shiratorizawa's. Come on, we only have one point left to score!