ch.8

saige •

"SAIGE OMG"

i smiled as my little cousin ran up to me and hugged me , getting everybody's attention.

"saige you're home? why you didn't tell nobody you got out today?" my mother asked .

"my release date got pushed up, and i wanted to surprise yall" i spoke as i went around giving everybody hugs .

i knew to come to my granny house because that's where everybody chill at on fridays.

"if i would have known i would have cooked you something" my granny spoke as i bent down to hug her on the couch .

"y'all can still cook her something... her and me" my big cousin niah spoke .

niah is the one i live with .

"you right" my granny shrugged as she used the couch arm to help her stand up.

"you good granny? need some help?" i asked her and she waved me off "i got it girl" she spoke .

"i have go many messages" i spoke as i logged into my instagram for the first time since i've been home .

the phone i have is a iphone 7 and i think i want to upgrade to the 11 but i gotta get some money for that first.

"girl when you got locked up everybody was saying free you , even people that don't know you" niah spoke .

i looked though a lot of the messages seeing who all posted me on their story before closing my
phone and standing up.

"oh shit" i spoke holding my stomach.

i quickly ran to the bathroom and started to throw up. "girl what's wrong with you?" my mama asked as she came in and rubbed my back as if that helped .

"i stood up too quickly i think" i lied , i knew what it was but she couldn't know yet.

"be careful" she spoke before leaving back out the bathroom.

when i finished i stood up and grabbed my toothbrush then brushed my teeth .

afterwards i walked out of the bathroom and walked towards the front door "ima be right back" i spoke .

i walked out and grabbed my phone out my back pocket since it was vibrating.

marq 💙

flashed across my screen so i answered "yes?" i asked .

"the appointment is at 4 , i just wanna make sure you'll be there" he spoke .

"i will" i spoke as i started walking.

"ight"

"is that all you called me for ?"

"what else would i be calling you for?"

"uhh i don't know , maybe to ask me how i've been or if i'm doing okay"

after a few seconds of silence he sighed "saige , how have you been?"

i shook my head and hung the phone up.

it's that fact that he doesn't even pretend to give a fuck about me and it makes me mad .

i put my phone on mute before knocking on Jerome's door .

jerome is my on and off ex . we are mostly always off but he's still cool people .

"saige!" he simi yelled as he opened the door .

before i could say anything he pulled me into a tight hug.

"they freed my thug" he spoke and i nodded "i'm free" i spoke .

he let me go then looked down at me . "you just did a year in jail i know you feening for some dick, cmon i got you" he spoke slightly grabbing my arm but i pulled it back.

"actually i'm not but thanks for the offer"

"well are you hungry let me take you to captain crab that used to be yo favorite"

"now you speaking my language" i smiled and he chuckled before grabbing his keys .

"you know i ain't fucked with nobody since you been gone"

i looked at him and laughed , he's trying so hard for what?

"lying ass" i spoke

"i'm not lying"

"watch when i go back into my instagram i bet i see atleast 3 'i'm coming to you as a woman' texts"

he started laughing "if you do them bitches is lying"

i shook my head and looked out the window, i wanted to tell him and everybody else that i was pregnant.

but that would be a dumb idea if i'm just gonna abort the baby . plus they are gonna ask questions that i can't answer .

i made a 😬 face as i remembered my granny was cooking for me , but oh well ima be eating both this crab and what my granny cook .

i missed outside food , jail food is so nasty.

i pulled my phone out my pocket seeing it was 4:30 and i had 7 miss calls from marq.

"oh well" i mumbled as Jerome parked at captain crab and me and him got out .

•••••••••••••••••••••