02:01 - NEW WORLD

"i'll be fine tom, i'll be back soon, right?"

--

They had been flying for hours, they had watched their first real sunset across a real sky and honestly, they were mesmerised. Alice gazed at the first ever real stars that she had seen, there weren't very many of them, but they were astoundingly more beautiful than the ones that hung over the Glade at night. At the thought of the Glade, her heart panged – she could hardly believe that only four days ago her life was completely normal and now she was free.

As the night took it's hold on the sky, they started to descend in front of a huge building and the soldiers practically shoved them out of the helicopter towards the building.

Alice fell down into the sand when she was shoved out of the helicopter herself, she scrambled to her feet quickly and looked over her shoulder when he heard an almost inhuman shrieking. In the lowlight of the evening, lit only by the harsh beams of the compound. While she was looking, one of the beams lit up the body of one of the figures, the breath left her lungs when she saw what it looked like.

She didn't get the chance to look for too long as one of the soldiers shoved her to make her run towards the compound, he shouted at her, "get inside!" Alice decided to listen and kept her eyes on Winston's back while they ran for the open door, it looked like there was a lot of movement inside of the compound. Behind her all she could hear were people firing their guns and it rattled around inside of her mind.

When her feet touched down on the concrete, she was happy to see that almost everyone had made it inside already and Thomas was just behind her. All of them were looking dazedly around the compound, they had never seen so many people in one place before.

Alice was still shaking from trying to process everything that was happening, it was hard to believe what had taken place in the last day and she was honestly completely exhausted as she was running on a couple hours of sleep that she got on the helicopter over and what she managed to get in the Glade the night before.

"Follow me!" One of the soldiers instructed them gruffly as he directed them to a side corridor and held a door open for them. They all filed in and saw a table laid with food, a lot of it. No offense to Frypan but this couldn't really measure up to what he could make in that little kitchen of his. The soldier was very frenzied and actually locked them in the room.

"What's going on out there?" Thomas shouted, just before the door closed, confused as to why they were being so quickly rushed into this unknown place.

The solider spoke quickly before he slammed the door in their faces, "nothing we can't handle." Thomas banged on the closed door a couple of times before he himself turned to see all of the food that everyone was gawking at.

"Dibs on the rice!" Was the sentence spoken by Frypan which set them all of diving for the table.

Alice laughed while she grabbed what looked like the leg of a chicken and brought it up to eat, "oh I love this already." She managed to muse out while she multi-tasked eating and grabbing a plate to get herself some more food. It was the most undignified way that they had ever eaten but they were all so hungry that it didn't really matter.