01:04 - NEW GREENIE

"why do I know your name?"

--

The box was running late. The box in all of the years that Alice had been in the Maze was never late, maybe it wavered by a few minutes from what she could tell by the height of the fake sun, but the sun had never risen so high into the sky without the box having made an appearance. Gally's nerves were starting to fray at the edges the night before and Alice was starting to wish that she wasn't second-in-command so she could go out in the morning and run the Maze in order to avoid him.

But alas, her duties required her to stay there and take care of the Glade for the day but sadly her body didn't like this as she awoke when the Maze doors opened that morning. The heat in the Glade that morning was warm, but it felt like the majority of her sweat came from waking up suddenly from a dream that she could not slightly recall.

Alice slipped on her shoes, sadly they wore almost all of the same clothes every second of every day, and pushed the door open from her small, separate from the boys, room to see that the door to Newt's room was still tightly shut. Alice grinned to herself as she passed by Chucks hammock and saw himself fiddling with his fingers, he seemed nervous about welcoming the new Greenie. He had come up the month before and made a mess of himself within the first few minutes he arrived, bless him.

The girl shot Chuck a thumbs up before she pushed the door open to Newt's room quietly before she pushed it closed behind her once she got inside. His bad leg was hanging over the side of the hammock and his face was burrowed into the pillow and Alice just knew that it was itching him. His hair was a messy mop of blonde hair and it was very dishevelled, but Alice knew that it would be as soft as ever. It seemed that after dinner he had just taken his shirt off before falling into bed and then into a deep sleep. Cute.

She moved softly over to his bed and climbed into the hammock, so she was sprawled across his bare back, it rocked side to side slightly while she moved in and she knew that all of the movement had woken Newt up, "morning. Sleep well?"

Newt's eyes opened slowly, and a sweet smile crossed his lips when he realised that it was Alice that was splayed across his back, he hummed before he gripped her tightly and turned himself over. The hammock swung violently, and Alice tried to maintain her balance but Newt's grip on her waist definitely helped. Newt turned himself over onto his back and Alice was resting on his chest, which she only just registered the comforting heat that it was giving off, huh.

Together, the two of them shared the rare silence as Newt found it in himself to wake up properly, "I've never had the pleasure of a girl crawling into my bed before, I'm flattered."

"Are you flirting with me?" Alice smiled as she moved her head to look up at Newt's face, she returned to her usual teasing, read flirting, with a raised eyebrow which was a shield to keep her real feelings safely hidden.