One

Beep...
Beep...
Beep...

What is that noise? I think to myself.

Slowly, my eyes begin to open and I'm blinded by white lights.

As my eyes adjust I feel a presence.

My eyes scan the room and I'm met with a man sitting to my right.

He has dark brown hair, and very strong features, it appears he's sleeping.

I scan the rest of the room more thoroughly until I feel a squeeze on my hand. I look back to see the man from before, but this time he's awake.

"Y/n, baby are you feeling okay?" I tilt my head in confusion.

Slowly but surely my mouth begins to form words, "Who... Who are you?" I ask him.

"It's me baby, Levi. Remember?"

Shaking my head tears form in his eyes.

"Y-You don't remember me?" He says with a quiver in his voice.

Shaking my head once again causes him to remove his hand from mine and brush tears away from his face.

"Come on, you have to remember me..." He says mostly to himself.

"I-I'm sorry... I don't," I say lightly with a small frown on my face furrowing my eyebrows wracking my brain for any sort of memory with this man.

I don't know why but... Seeing him so upset makes me feel upset.

"Ah, look who's finally awake!" A man with a white coat says as he walks over to the left side of my bed.

He sees the state the man next to me is in, "Corporal? Are you alright?" He asks the man.

The man shakes his head, "She... She doesn't remember..." He says with tears still running down his face.

"Hmm... Is that so? Darling, do you remember your name?" The man in the coat asks.

I nod my head and he continues to speak, "What is it?"

My brows furrow and I move my mouth to the side, Why is he asking me such silly questions? I think to myself.

Sighing, I answer. "L/n, Y/n"

He nods writing something down on a clipboard.

"Uh huh, and do you know who the man next to you is?" He asks gesturing to the man in the chair.

Slowly, I shake my head.

"No sir," I tell him. This causing a sniffle and cough to be heard from the man.

The man in the coat scribbles something else down and then smiles sadly, "Darling, You have temporary amnesia. Do you remember what happened?"

I sit there quietly for a moment before nodding.

"What happened?" He asks me softly.

Opening my mouth to speak but being cutoff by the door opening, "N/n! You're awake!" The man in the doorway says.

"Eld?" I say softly with a smile.

He nods and hugs me, "Corporal? Are you alright?" My brother asks .

The man next to me gestures his head to the man in the coat whom I assume to be the doctor, "She has temporary amnesia, she can only remember people whom she has known her whole life,"

The doctor speaks again, "The best way to bring her back is to talk about past times with her," He finishes.

My brother nods and the man next to me smiles lightly and stands up, "I need some air," with that, he's gone.

"Now, what happened?" The doctor asks me once again.

"I remember almost falling while trying to catch up with some girl... Eld caught me and then I went after her again... We stopped for a moment and saw a variant... So me and the girl went to attack it but it covered the nape, then it tried to hit the girl... So I covered her and got hit into a tree... The last thing I remember is the girl saying she was sorry and kicking me into the tree, then I passed out," I say looking at the doctor.

"Petra," My brother says looking angry.

My face forms a puzzled expression, "Huh?"

"The girl, was Petra," He says to me.

Petra... Petra Petra Petra... That sounds so familiar yet so foreign...

"Petra? Are you sure? I don't th-" The doctor is cut off by a loud slamming of my brothers fist, "It was Petra," He says sternly.

The doctor slowly nods and looks down at me, "What did this girl look like?" He asks me.

I think for a moment... "Short brown hair, and her eyes looked brown in the dark lighting..." I stop myself from speaking much more, "So it was Petra?"

My brother and the doctor give each other a look after they speak at the same time, "I'm going to get Commander, I'll send Corporal back in," The doctor nods and goes back to his chart.

A couple minutes pass by and I see the man from before, "You're gonna remember, even if it's the last thing I do," He says calmly.

I nod my head at him and roll on my side to face him, "How long was I asleep? I feel good," I can visibly see his jaw tense.

"Y-You were gone f-for six months..." He mumbles loud enough for me to hear.

"SIX MONTHS?!" I yell shooting up from my bed.

The man nods, "Baby?" I hear him say meekly.

"Huh?" I say whipping my head around to him confused.

"Sorry... Force of habit," He says scratching the back of his neck.

Slowly I nod, "I like it," I say gently laying back down on my side to face him, his face seems to get lighter at my words.

He smiles at me gently, it's a sad smile... "Do you even know my name?" He asks me and slowly my mind runs blank and I am at a loss for words.

Shaking my head I can feel how tense he is, "Levi, Levi Ackerman... Y-Your husband..." His words ring through my ears and bounce around in my mind, husband...

"We're married?" I ask slowly, and all he does is nod whilst gesturing to my left hand.

My eyes trail down to my fingers, on my left ring finger is a beautiful diamond. It's soft on the eyes and absolutely gorgeous, a white gold band with small diamond studs on the sides framing the square gem.

"Levi..." I slowly mumble to myself searching every nook and cranny for this man.

He sighs gently and holds my hand gently rubbing my knuckles, "It's okay, time will tell..." He says as he stands up.

"I'll be back tomorrow, okay?" He begins to walk away and all I can do is nod, "I love you, my dear," he mumbles gently.

Hours after he's gone I slowly drift off into sleep...

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Word count: 1115

Wowzers, this is a longer chapter then before but I like it. I don't know if I'm gonna keep the chapters short or long maybe a mix of both.

Sincerely,
Author-chan