chapter 9: Left Alone

The rays of sun coming through the window disturbed her sleep. Isabella snuggled more into the pillow. After some time, she opened her eyes. She tried to sit on the bed. Her whole body was sore. She gasped as she saw her naked body under the covers. A shy smile adored her lips and her cheeks covered with red hue. She looked around.

   She frowned as she found Zander nowhere. She wrapped sheets around her frame. After taking a long hot bath, she went to walk-in-closet. She found all types of dresses, shoes , jewelry, hair accessories. Even the undergarments of her size were present. She blushed thinking that Zander brought them.

She wore a chiffon tea pink frock that reached till the end of her knees. She blow-dried her hair and applied lip gloss only. She was looking good. She wanted to look good for Zander. Wearing matching stilettos, she walked into the living room.

    She thought that like in novels she read, Zander would be making breakfast for her. But she found the whole penthouse empty.

       Afraid , she went back to room. She saw a page with a pen on it on the side table of the bed. She picked it up.

     "Bella you were sleeping. I am starting a project and for that I have to leave for Australia. I will come back in a month. Family will come back in a week. I haven't told them. You can go to mansion then. Driver is always available. His phone number is written in a diary in the drawer. Maid will also come daily."

      Tears were coming out of her eyes. Never in her life she felt this alone. Did he want only her body? She meant nothing? She was crying mess with all these negative thoughts. She knew no one here. She was stranded at a new place.

   The bell of the penthouse rang. She took slow steps. She was scared. She peeped through the door hole. A woman in early forties was standing there. Isabella assumed her as a maid. She opened the door.

  "Good morning maim." She greeted Isabella smiling. "Good morning. Please call me Isabella."  Isabella replied too. The maid liked the innocent girl with sad eyes but smile on her face.

Isabella helped maid in chores. Her week was passing like this. She spent her day mostly in library. At nights, she felt lonely so she cried her eyes out.

  Her family never left her alone in any circumstances. She was even afraid of going out because all was new for her. She never went to even her college alone.

During daytime, she plastered a smile o her face but the old lady had seen the loneliness in the innocent eyes of the new bride.

  Not once did Zander king called her. She lost her hope that she will ever get love from Zander. He was a cold-hearted man who only cared for his business.

   She searched Alot about him. But only his success in business were mentioned in tabloids and magazines. She thought him as a robot who worked so much.

She even stopped counting days, she didn't call her family because she didn't want to upset the.

It was evening , she was sitting near her room window. Her phone rang. For the first time in a whole week. Isabella went towards it and picked it. "You have forgotten us." Her hopes died again, it was her mother-in-law "Good evening".  She greeted
" Oh I was excited. Good evening dear. Is my son keeping you happy." Eleanor King teased her. She couldn't control anymore. She started crying.
"Please don't cry. You are scaring me. We are coming together ok Isabella." Eleanor panicked. She lived the innocent girl from her all heart like a daughter. If Zander had done anything bad, she would surely teach her son a good lesson.

        "Ok...bye."  Isabella cracked voice came after few minutes. She didn't know what to say so she cut the call.

She was angry. Angry on her family for choosing Zander. Angry on king's that Zander was their son. Angry on Zander that he was  so heartless. And mostly in herself for being so weak.