10 Years

"Meeeeeenma!" I yelled out. I didn't mean to embarrass her! I didn't think Metal would say that! I didn't know she actually liked Sarada either! Right, Sarada is Sakura and Lee's kid! She's super athletic like her parents and big brother. Really surprising for such a young age.

"Check in her room. I'll check in our room." Sasuke ordered. I nodded and ran to her room. So this all began because of me, obviously. Today is Menma's birthday. She was turning 10 and we threw a surprise birthday party for her. We invited her friends and everything. Including her best friend, Sarada.

  Oh! I forgot to mention! When I grew accustomed to Menma we moved back to Konoha. We reunited with all our friends. Sarada and Menma became friends in kindergarten and they went to each other's houses.

  Menma told us she had a crush on somebody. But not who it was. Of course Sasuke got upset and wanted to talk to this mystery crush. I stopped him before he scared Menma. Yeah so they've been friends for 5 years now.

  And then I surprised her, when she came Metal got scared as well and accidentally blurted our 'Menma likes Sarada!'. So now she hates me since it was my idea to surprise her. I didn't have any bad intentions though..

  I looked around her room and opened her closet, revealing a crying Menma. She was on the bottom with her knees hidden in her face. "Menma? I'm sorry.." I said quietly, feeling super guilty. Sasuke came in and pressed his hand on my shoulder for comfort.

  "Menma, it wasn't your mothers fault, he didn't know Metal would say that."

  "I HATE YOU MOM! NOW SARADA WON'T WANT TO BE MY FRIEND ANYMORE!" She yelled out and clenched her pale fists tightly.

  I could sense Sasuke's anger. I just held my tears back. Then I realized, Menma thinks Sarada won't want to be her friend anymore. Yeah, when Metal screamed that out Sarada was there. The two girls made eye contact and then Menma ran and hid. 

  "M-Menma?" We all turned to Sarada who was standing by the doorway. She was looking down, readjusting her red glasses and tugging at her red skirt unconsciously.

  "Menma, Sarada wouldn't hate you for something like that." I said, trying to comfort my little crying raven. "B-But-", Menma fiddled with her fingers as I hugged her little body. I heard Sarada's shoes clacking against the floor as she walked towards us.

  "Your mama's right. I wouldn't hate you for a reason like that. I still want to be your best friend. And it wasn't your mama's fault, it was my dumb big brother's! Okay?" She held out her hand to Menma, who was blushing and wiping her tears.

  I stood up and watched the two hug. "O-Okay..Sorry momma.." she looked down in regret.

  "It's okay Menma! I understand you're still young! C'mon let's go get some birthday cake!" I cheered along. The two girls squealed and ran to the kitchen where the glorious chocolate cake was being held at.

I looked at the corner of my eye and saw Sasuke smirk. "Should we make another angel?" He asked me then bit my ear. I felt my face get hot and red and I immediately blushed.

  "Sh-Shut up S-Sasuke!" I whispered then ran to the kids waiting for cake.