CHAPTER FOUR

"But every memory of friendship shared, even for a short time, is a treasure, like sunshine and warmth in our lives, like a cool breeze on a humid day, like a shower of rain refreshing the earth"
-Unknown

True to his words, a man in a smart gray and white shirt and black trousers, arrived about ten minutes later in a shiny black Land Rover.

"Good evening, ma'am. Dr. Demola Davies sent me to you."

I smiled. "Good evening, thanks for coming promptly."

He introduced himself as Tonye and explained that he had been directed to hand over a package to me. He presented me with a big, shiny black box with a golden bow.

"Thank you, Tonye. Just a moment, please. I'll be back before you know it." I excused myself and went to my office to open it and saw the most beautiful formal gown I had ever seen. It was a sparking, purple halter neck gown with small cut outs at the sides. Purple was my favourite colour, did he know that or was it a coincidence? I wondered. It shimmered under the lights.

Suppressing my excitement due to my love of presents, I removed some more packaging and saw a cute pair of gold earrings and a lovely pair of gold stiletto heels with a matching diamond clutch.

There was a small make up kit at the bottom of the box and just when I thought he had done it all, I saw another silky paper package. I opened it and revealed a matching black, lacy strapless bra and panties.

I gasped but decided to just roll with it. After all, it wasn't as if he was going to see it.

Since I hardly ever went out, it took me everything I had not to squeal with excitement. Granted, the dinner date was unexpected, but I intended to make the most out of it. I freshened up quickly in the bathroom adjacent to my office and I was ready in about ten minutes. Doctors don't waste time getting ready.

Surprisingly, all the items were a perfect fit.

The cool evening air blew gently, and the full moon cast a silver glow over the night. As I stepped out of my office and walked towards the car, I smiled politely at Tonye who waited patiently for me. He assisted me into the vehicle and we headed to Flamingo House.

****

"That will be all Tonye. Thank you, and have a good evening." Demola said.

We had arrived at the Flamingo House, Magodo. The most exclusive area in mainland Lagos. Shortly after I was cleared at the reception, Demola called to ask Tonye to leave.

Demola flashed a million dollar smile. "That will be all, Tonye."

"Alright sir," he replied.

I smiled. "Mr Tonye, thank you. Have a good night." He was a cool headed man, and I appreciated how respectful he was.

He smiled back and handed me the key. "You are welcome, ma'am. Good night." he said, and left.

A waiter led me to the table that Demola had reserved in the rooftop outdoor executive lounge, and I was almost left speechless at the sight that greeted me.

Demola was looking even more dashing than he did in the afternoon. He was in a flawless black suit and bow tie. He must have gotten that suit tailored specifically for him. It wasn't tight but it fit his athletic, muscular frame beautifully.

My eyes were tracing him from his gorgeous face, to his shoulders, chest, legs and down to his shiny black shoes.
I thought I was checking him out discreetly but apparently I was caught.

Demola's eyes twinkled with amusement. "Good evening honey. I'm glad you could make it," he teased with his most obnoxious smirk yet.

He pulled a chair for me and rested his warm hands on my shoulders gently. "You are absolutely stunning, Amara."