Chapter 18 - Wonderland

"Now listen up! Wonderland is not a place to be messed with! It is dangerous... scary... and merciless!" Niffty, Charlie, Vaggie and Angel all tipped forward on their toes in anticipation. The current pep talk Cal was giving the group was something you had to endure the first time. Sure it was over dramatic but the warnings weren't useless. "Do not drink, eat or touch anything unless I tell you its ok. Most magic is blocked off here so to you three, that may be a problem. Don't worry, Ol' Cal here will keep you protected," he pointed the the two angels and overlord.

"That makes me feel so much better," Gabriel sassed making Cal hurdle his bowie knife at the angel who ducked and let it puncture a tree. "Alright, sorry," You chuckle and nudge the angel making him sigh in annoyance and amusement.

"Shall we go? I might just finish this bottle before we enter the damn place," Husk growls and swings his glinting green bottle around.

"Of course, kitten," Cal coos making Husk roll up his nonexistent sleeves.

"Alright, kids, lets just get this over with," With a single click of your fingers you were able to disparate the luggage into thin air.

"Any weapons needed, Doll?" A soft grin plasters your face as you take out your concealed angel blade.

"Something small is all," In a flash everyone took out a weapon; Charlie held a frying pan alongside Vaggie whos spear shined bright. Next was Angel who took out a semi automatic, Niffty taking out a needle which glinted in the light, Husk casually smashed his empty bottle against a tree and flicked off some shards of glass. As Gabriel took out his intircate blade Alastor lastly fitted himself with a hunting rifle. "I said small but ok,"

"Can't be too safe," Alastor quipped before cocking the gun.

"He ain't wrong there, love," The weasel guide fixed his ruffled hair and smiled. "Onwards!"

~~~

Husk seemed to be out of breath as everyone reached the outskirts of wonderland. Everyone else was fine so it must have just been his fitness levels.

There seemed to be a clearing stretching for miles between the forest and the destination. A faint glow creeping around the edges past trees towering above everyone. Crooked branches twisted out creating what seemed to be a wall of vines. A single archway allowing entrance for any idiotic demons that hadn't opted to consult Cal.

Holding a single hand up in the air, Cal halted everyone, going forward to scope out the entrance; a natural arbour that incased visitors for a while. A single thumbs up allowed everyone to venture further light footsteps crunching against twigs and leaves that had fallen.

Each Sinner, including the fallen and visiting angel gripped their weapons until their knuckles turned white. Nothing but leaves crunching and the occasional branch snapping, it was likely a pin drop could be heard. Most would suspect this to be a bad thing but it was a relief here. Any rustling in a bush or distant noise would mean almost certain death.

"Isn't it a little too quiet?" Angel whispers to the group who continued to trail behind the weasel.

"If you hear something other than our footsteps you betta' run fo' ya' life,"

"Wonderful,"

"Wonderland, actually," Cal replied with a indifferent look.

~~~

Once the sound of leaves being disturbed had settled into the norm everyone was contempt with walking less stiff-like. The arbour seemed to subside and curl outwards at the end revealing a path way into magnificence. With each step a Hazbin took a flower opened to bite back or cause comedic relief in such an environment.

Husk had been attacked by seltzer water from a few daisies causing him to cower behind Angel. Bluebells sung sweet melodies, taking their names quite literally. Red leaves puckered up with lust as each male passed by though they seemed indifferent about Angel. Mushrooms reaching waist height thumped with rhythm as each water droplet gracefully reached its dome.

Heart shaped flowers blossomed with  glows of bright deep pink between you and Alastor, another glowing a more sickening green on Gabriel's half, your side a pink similar to that you and Alastor shared. Cal being the one to converse with the group and face everyone took notice along with Vaggie and Angel who had pried themselves away from their distractions.

Cal had urged everyone to go ahead as he held back the spider and moth who had caught his sharp eye.

"You saw that too?" Cal mumbles as he keeps a watch on the archangel.

"Yea... what was that about?"

"True hearts wishes," Vaggie quirks a brow at Cal who sighs. "Pesky little buggers but they are good to show true intentions. Place one in between two people and you'll see what each person wants,"

"Let me guess, green is bad?"

"Malicious intent," The Weasels head swarmed with a fatherly actions, finding a solution to the situation.

"What do we do?"

"Leave it... if he takes action we will too,"

"Cal!" You waved the weasel toward at the fork in the road you couldn't for the life of you remember which path to take.

"Comin'!" The guide gave a happily wave and turned back to the other two. "Y/n is smart... but oblivious compared to outside perspective. Keep an eye on him," Vaggie nods along with Angel as he scampers up to the fork.

~~~

Wow idk why but WATTPAD keeps deleting things I write——

Anyways sorry

- Anna ❤️