The Golden Egg.

Raine's Point Of View

It was late at night, but nothing was better than driving at night and vibing to some good music. With my Keys in my hand I unlocked the doors, got in, and started the car. Once I was about a block away from my house I Bluetooth'ed my phone to the radio.

I love when you pulling up in your Jeep
Bumpin' all your beats
J's on with your shades on
Just bring me some to eat
You the man up in these streets
But it comes to my heart
That don't mean a thing no-

I sang to the invisible person in the passenger seat with a smile on my face.

I never really sung when I was around people. I was a perfectionist, so I liked to perfect my skills before presenting it Infront if anyone. Unless they got lucky enough to catch me singing in the shower.

I pulled up to the nearest, and open gas station. I rolled my eyes seeing the old feens hanging outside of the small business.

I quickly slipped my hoodie on, and covered my face with the hood. I grabbed my debit card and slid it into my pocket then finally got out the car.

I quickly made my way into the building. Everybody knew the old men hanging out at gas station loved catcalling young girls, and women in their 20-30's.

Once I successfully made it into the building I grabbed a few snacks and made my way to the cash register.

Feeling a presence behind me, I'm not sure why I was afraid of turning around- but I was.

"Hello Raine" the Cashier spoke with a smile on his face.

"Hey RJ" I smiled back.

RJ is somebody Milli and I used to kick it with. He were all close until he moved, but he moved back down not to long ago.

"Aye we should link like old times" he requested, and I nodded my head.

"My number still the same" I spoke watching him ring up my items.

"Gotchu. 5.48 is your total" I handed him my card, and watched as he quickly swiped it and handed it back to me. A few moments later he then handed me my bag and receipt. "Thanks RJ" I waved, I smiled seeing him wave back seconds later.

"Hollon" I heard a familiar voice speak making me turn around. "Don't walk out there by ya self, it's been kidnappings n shit happening in this area. lemme walk you out." He finished, turning to me while RJ rang up his items.

"Oh, Okay" I spoke stuffing my free hand in my pocket.

Giovanni nodded his head, and payed for whatever items he had. He walked towards me, and held the door open which caught me off guard.

"What yeen think a nigga had manners?" He questioned watching me walk out the door.

"In all honestly no" I responded, hearing him chuckle.

" I got em for certain people" he shrugged his shoulders, and I held a questionable look on my face.

"Why certain people?" I asked

"Answer for another time" I nodded my head in understanding he didn't want to talk about it. "Ight I'll catch you later" he spoke once we reached my car.