Chapter ten:Breaking news

~Tim's POV~

As we suited up and split up in to our groups I couldn't help but look back at Robin to make sure he wasn't still shaken up. As expected the kid had his usual poker face on as he followed Nightwing in to the zeta beam.

With one last glance at Percy I then proceeded toward my motorcycle as red hood followed suit.

I got on my red and black bike and looked toward Red hood who was doing the same, the ride out of the cave was quiet as we drove farther and farther away from the Wayne manor.

I thought that the silence would continue when suddenly Red hood broke it "so what did Demon spawn do this time"

I gave him a confused look and said "what do you mean "what did he do"?"

Red hood scoffed as he spoke through the comm connected to his helmet. "Don't act like you weren't staring at the Demon before we left"

"What makes you think he did anything?" I said giving him a look daring him to answer.

"He's always doing something and non of its ever good, hes literally the definition of evil reincarnated" Jason remarked.

I don't know what possessed me but just as we neared Gotham city, I suddenly slammed my breaks and swirled in front of Red hood causing him to do the same.

"You idiot" I sneered looking over at my brother "what gives you the right to say that to him? He is  just a kid! It wasn't his fault that his mom is an assassin and his dad his Batman!" I said as I walked over to Red hood, I could basically see the shock on his face even with his helmet on.

"I only have one question, why?" I said looking at Red hood waiting for an answer.

But Hood just looked away and seemed to stare off at a wall clearly lost in a memory. "It's complicated" was his reply after a couple seconds had past.

"Well I don't care how complicated it is that still doesn't give you the right to say that shit" I stared at him and clenched my fist making sure he knew that I wasn't going to let this go until he told me.

"H-he r-reminds me of s-someone" The voice I heard was not of the Red hood the anti-hero but neither of the closed off Lazarus survivor. No. It reminded me of the boy he had seen in pictures before Jason had met his mother. The boy who went by J.W proud to be one of Bruce Wayne's wards, the same voice that had been so full of joy in every video made with him in it.

Before the joker.

Yet the voice wasn't as happy, no, it seemed to break and stuttered on the words of a sentence he didn't seem to want to form.

We picked up our bikes and move to the side of the road as I nodded at him to continue.

"When I was still with the assassins, there was this boy who I would train. Although we had to wear masks, so that we didn't know who each other were. At the time I was still recovering my memories slowly, so there they called me Red. The kids family was involved deeply in the league but I'm not sure of far, he wasn't able to give me his real name either so he was called dementor. He was arrogant but hurt almost broken, he knew as little about the real world as I did and he wasn't even missing any of his memories. Over time we built a brotherly bond, and the last time I saw him was almost five years ago. I gave him two glass engraved katanas as a present, and never saw him again. I tried to look for him but no matter how many league bases I hacked I could never find him, it was as if he vanished "

Red hood took a few seconds to collect himself before continuing "then during this time Damian came around, he's so much like dementor every time I looked at him it was just another reminder of the boy I couldn't save. But what really made me hate him was when he commented saying how his mother used to have him kill other assassins in training if someone they were associated with betrayed the league."