Chapter Fourteen.

~Sarima's POV~

"Don't tell me that you plan on wearing that." Somi dabbed her towel on her wet face as she exited the bathroom, eyes scrutinising the outfit I'd laid on the bed. "What happened to the new clothes Adams got for me?"

"I thought you wanted to sell those off?" I questioned, stopping midway from combing my hair.

"I can't sell off gifts." She tried to reach for the bags arranged at the extreme corner of the wardrobe top, standing on her toes. When it proved too high, she picked up a plastic chair to elevate her height as she brought down the bags.

I moved close to the bags as she opened them and sat from across after tying my hair, inspecting as she raised a blue mid-length, cowl-neck dress with slits at both sides. "No o, the material is too light, and my cleavage and thighs will be in full display. I'm not going there to seduce anybody, biko."

Somi rolled her eyes and reached for a luxury palazzo two-piece set.

"Too serious, plus I don't have a wig to wear with it." I pointed at my hair packed into a big bun as her eyes followed.

"Oya, choose by yourself," She dropped the bags before me and poured out the contents of the second one on the bed.

I scrutinised the clothes and raised a black leather gown for proper inspection. It was long and had a slit that ran up to the thigh area. One sleeve was bare, and the other thin.

Somi snatched it from me. "No!"

"Please," a giggle escaped my throat. "I like this one."

"Me too." She hid it behind her.

"Please nau" I decided to whine.

"N-O," She spelled out, bringing her lips closer to my face.

I pouted.

"I thought you didn't like this nigga–"

"So, make I wear wetin I no wan wear because I no like the guy?"

"Search the bags, the other clothes wey dey there no worwor."

"My love nau" My pout was back in place.

"Who be your love?" She gave me the stink eye.

"I'll wear this my clothe and go o," I threatened her as I picked up the initial Ankara button-down gown I set out to wear.

"Wear am nau, na me and you wan follow comot?" She chuckled.

"We have the same face o," I wiggled my brows at her.

It seemed to work, so I added more pressure, "I'll handle your chores this week." I grinned at her.

She grudgingly brought the gown out from behind her, and I took it, kissing her on the cheek.

"Thank you!"

"Shift-i," She cleaned off my kiss, grimacing.

"You promised to help do my make-up o, don't forget." I smiled at her, arranging the clothes back into the bag.

Moments later, Ayo's text came in.

Ayo: I'm outside, are you ready?

Me: Yeah, I'm coming.

"How do I look?" I asked Somi for the umpteenth time, inspecting my appearance on what was left of our broken mirror hanging on the wall.

I looked good.

I turned to look at Somi's expression. She kissed the okay sign she made with her hand, confirming my thought.

She'd packed my hair down in a low bun, parting it at the centre and using gel to give it a sleek look. The make-up she applied to me was very light. Eyeliner on the corners of my eyes and a little shiny blue eyeshadow. Then a nude lip gloss to my lips. I wore my black leather choker. My custom-made blue earrings, sandals, and purse were made from the same leather material, and I doused myself with, of course, Somi's expensive perfume.