13

Eleanor's p.o.v

"How casual is casual? Does he mean jeans and a T-shirt? Does he mean sweats? What does he mean!?" Seb laughs at my dilemma like it's the silliest thing he's heard, when it is in fact a major problem.

"I'd wear shorts, you know how hot Cali can get." Okay, shorts, that officially narrowed my choices down to practically my entire closet, seeing as I live in California! "Do you want me to pick something out for you since I know where you're going?"

"You don't have to rub it in!" He sniggered at my obvious frustration. "I guess pick something, I can always play off of it."

"Have some faith in me, I have excellent taste." Seb shuffled through my clothes for about five minutes before finding something he was satisfied with. He shoved the outfit into my hands and pointed me towards the bathroom to try it on like the diva he is.

I emerged soon after in a pair of khaki shorts that came just above mid-thigh and an army green flowy tank top that I'd gotten forever ago which had a Gucci Mickey Mouse on the front. I hated to admit it, but Seb did a really good job, the outfit was cute and casual. I was slightly curious as to why he picked this particular shirt though. 

"I did good didn't I?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me with a shit eating grin on his face, confidence rippling off of him in waves.

"Yeah, you did. Thank you for helping me."

"My pleasure Ellie Bell, but this means you have to tell me absolutely everything when you get back from your date, I'm talking a play-by-play." I shook my head and laughed knowing that I wasn't going to have a choice even if he hadn't picked out my outfit. "Are you nervous?"

"Oh god, yes. I've considered backing out like three times already. It doesn't help that he won't tell me where we're going, so I'm playing a guessing game for what I should expect." I flopped onto the bed face first beside Seb, wishing the mattress would just swallow me up.

"Alright, let me ask you this, do you like Chris? And I don't just mean do you think he's a nice guy, I mean do you find yourself wanting more than anything to know him and for him to know you? As much as this date scares you, does the thought of not going on it scare you more?"

"Yes. To all of it. I really like Chris, he's sweet and kind and funny and he's the only person I've ever wanted to open up to fully. This date... it's my dream and my nightmare wrapped into one."

"Then it's settled, there is no reason you shouldn't go on this date. You like him, he likes you, you two will make gorgeous babies."

"Sebastian!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seb had made me lay down to sleep not long after that since 'dark circles are the devil and you don't want to have to deal with them on top of everything.' I was now up and at em even though it was only 6:30 in the morning, seeing as Chris told me he would be here by about 7. I slipped the outfit Seb had chosen for me the day before on putting my hair up into a high ponytail, my crazy curly/wavy hair making it messy but cute. I didn't want to do too much makeup and since my face was pretty clear I only put a few swipes of mascara on so I wouldn't look dead. Just as I was slipping on my converse I heard Seb start talking to someone, presumably Chris.

All the nerves I'd been feeling amplified as I walked out of my room towards the kitchen. I stood somewhat awkwardly in the doorway waiting for one of them to notice me since they were talking, my eyes scanning Chris' attire. It was very similar to mine except his shorts were obviously longer, and he had a T-shirt instead of a tank top. The outfit was topped off with his NASA hat, and I had to admit that even though it was one of the most simple outfits out there, he looked remarkably handsome. Just as I was about to say something he turned and smiled at me.