...RESOLVE

~Nigeria based novel.

Settings in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Calabar and the likes you'd come across.

~Chapters are long.

~Purely fiction. Any resemblance to blah blah blah is purely coincidental.

~You'll surely come across some Nigerian languages especially the Nigerian pidgin. Please I'm open to corrections if you think I didn't get to tell the meaning of a word in any of the Languages correctly.

~If you get confused by any of the words used in this book please ask to get clarified.

~Open to criticisms... constructive criticism.
Please share your thoughts.

~I'll gradually introduce my characters so you won't get confused. 

~Kindly share your thoughts by commenting and also voting 😁.

~Say no to plagiarism... Please don't copy my work!

~I Don't own any of the pictures you might come across in this book.

~I'll update just a few chapters if I'm encouraged enough I'll continue the book...if I don't feel so I'll take it down. 

Thanks for giving this book a chance.

~Blurb (Excerpt)~

Suddenly, a loud knock on the door interrupted my thoughts, cutting my stretch in half. It didn't sound like Homa or Sarima's familiar knock.

Onome?

No. That one is a hoodlum.

Curious yet cautious, I tiptoed to the door and pressed my ear against it, trying to catch a glimpse of the person on the other side. All I could hear was an automated voice from a phone.

"Dear customer, the number you're trying to call is switched off."

"Somi?" he knocked again, "Are you in there?"

Adams? A wave of cool air doused me in pleasant and unpleasant surprises simultaneously.

What is he doing here? Wait, that's his voice na?

Ah. Abeg. I'm not in here o.

He can't come in here nau.

What's all this?

Ooo, Adams.

Who even invited you?

My eyes jam the almost empty plate of custard and the bread wrap lying on the floor abandoned.

Jesus!

I grabbed the plate and bread wrap and rushed them to the kitchen, rushing back, almost as fast, breathing rapidly into my open sweaty palms. Thank God my breath is not crusty. It's custard tinged. Creamy.

"Som-"

"Yes." My voice was low and sickly as I unlocked the door, opening it to see him. He looks so stressed out in his grey suit. Part of me is excited that he's here, the other part is worried that he is in fact here, at my door about to see where I call home.

This is not a very proud moment for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the bustling city of Lagos, Nigeria, a young woman named Somi struggles to be stable. She has been in and out of jobs, trying to keep up her "A" streak in school. Hot-headed and a go-getter. Her life turns when she meets Adams, a handsome and successful Arewa man from an influential family, and despite having a betrothed, Adams is drawn to Somi's beauty, charm, and personality Irrespective of the glaring difference in class, culture and religion.

Sarima is Somi's twin sister, and she struggles to make ends meet just like her sister. She has to deal with the university hassle, bills, and finding a good life with her sisters, Somi and Homa, without selling her body(beauty). She feels lost and directionless as there are a lot of drawbacks to being independent and surviving in Nigeria. To make matters worse, she also struggles with her feelings for her supposed friend, Kene.

Will these sisters have it good at the end of the day or entangle themselves in a web they never planned to be in?