When the Cubs Seek Initiation

Kashera

Kashera

Coming out of my closet dressed for the day, I sighed seeing that the room was just as empty as it was when I left out of it about an hour ago. I looked in the mirror and made sure my hair was still slicked back. My curls had a bad habit of giving me a wavy ponytail when what I wanted was a sleeked back one, and to this day I couldn't get it together to save my life. Fluffing out the large low ponytail, I rolled my lips making sure my deep maroon lipstick was in place before making sure that I was secured in the deep opening of the plain white collared button-down. The flattering denim jeans they tucked into were without a wrinkle, and I stood up straighter in the thin-heeled maroon booties I wore.

Walking out of my room, I quietly made my way downstairs. I was listening intently for the sound of the clacking of a keyboard, his voice on a phone, but I heard nothing. However, when I walked past the living room I smiled to myself seeing the door slightly ajar. Walking outside to the backyard I looked out over the pool glimmering underneath the glowing morning rays. I heard the sound of his voice against the sound of the water flowing from the pool's waterfall and the light blowing of the wind. I made my way over to Matteo who was seated on the long couch of the family section of the patio tucked into the corner in front of the long running paneled windows looking into the living room of the house. When he saw me he held out his hand and I grabbed it expecting to take a seat beside him but he pulled me down close making me laugh as I snuggled into his side.

"I don't care how you do it. Just make sure it is done by the time I see you today whenever that is," He said as the other person responded to him. Looking up at him with wondrous eyes I was overtaken by the love I had for him. My perfect husband. My own knight and shining armor who'd given me the absolute world since we'd been married. He looked just as breathtaking as the day I met him, even with the greying color of his beard. He was starting to look more and more like his father as the days went on. His hair was longer now though. Instead of cutting it constantly, he'd opted to let it grow out (in a well contained manner of course) and as it sat now it was messily tied back from his face at the top of his head with the shorter pieces managing to escape from the front. He looked down at me feeling my stare and he winked at me before rolling his eyes annoyed by whoever was on the phone.

"Listen, you have two options. Get it done, or start making preparations to find work elsewhere. I will see you soon enough," He said before hanging up the phone with a sigh and I shook my head. He got ruder by the day, too, but I couldn't even bring myself to fight with him about it anymore. Hell, I stopped doing that years ago. Looking down at me he smiled before he took my face in his hand and brought his lips to mine, kissing my sweetly. I let his lips mold themselves against mine effortlessly as my eyes fluttered close as if it was feeling his kisses for the first time all over again. He made me feel like that all the time though. It was as if we were just starting to date. The feeling of butterflies and excitement as he picked me up from work. The tightening of my chest whenever he looked at me. The lingering buzz that ran the course of my body with every soft or passionate kiss. It didn't even matter. I was always falling in love with him all over again every day that I woke up and it was absolutely marvelous.