forty four

14 YEARS AGO

"Mrs. Park, your son isn't in his good condition now, he is currently bleeding internally," the doctor said as he looked at his clipboard.

"What happened to him? He's been going in and out of hospitals for years now!" Jimin's mom argued.

"We don't know what is going to happen to your son Mrs. Park, but I can assure you that your son will be running a few tests," the doctor replied.

"Dr. Song," Mrs. Park spoke and the doctor turned to her.

"Yes?"

"I have a decision," she concluded.

"What is it, Mrs. Park?" The doctor responded.

"I would like to leave my son here, he shall be fed and taken care of in this hospital," she said.

"But Mrs. Park, are you sure about that? Only nurses and doctors will come to his aid, and he's just a little boy--," the doctor said but Mrs. Park cut him off.

"He shall live the life of a patient then, I'm tired of paying hospital bills, just report anything to me. I have a business and a husband and a son as well," Mrs. Park replied and the doctor stared at her.

"Mrs. Park, he's a young boy, we would appreciate it if he was a teenager," Dr. Choi defended.

"Listen, which side are you on? I'm doing this for my son, and my son needs medical attention," Mrs. Park argued.

The doctor knitted his eyebrows before opening his mouth.

"Fine, but you won't be seeing him for years, Mrs. Park," he gritted.

"I can visit him in any time I want," she snapped.

She looks over to Jimin, the young boy with wires attached to him and he was breathing through an oxygen, his head was wrapped securely in a bandage.

She turns her back before walking outside and meeting two familiar faces who looked at her direction.

"How's Jimin?" A deep voice asked as he held onto a little boy's hand.

"He's fine, but I made a decision," Mrs. Park replied as she carried Jihyun in her arms.

"What?" The father replied.

"I'm leaving Jimin here, he needs it, its for a better cause," Mrs. Park said and Mr. Park scrunched his face.

"Jihae! Are you out of your mind? Jimin needs our help, not some stranger's aid!" Mr. Park exclaimed.

"Now, are we gonna fight about this? Are we?!" Jihae fired back.

"I'm saying he's your son, and you left him!" Mr. Park snapped.

"I'm not arguing with you again!" Mrs. Park shot back.

"Jihyun, go play, meet us at the car," The father gritted out to the young boy who was now holding his mother's hand after being let down.

He nodded slowly, releasing his grip from his mother's hand and running off.

But what Jimin didn't know.

No one came back for him.

Except for that girl that made his everyday complete.

3 YEARS LATER

"Your mother...," Dr. Song began as he glanced at the boy with his blonde hair covering his eyes.

They were both in Dr. Song's blue car, the music from the stereo only invading the atmosphere.

He was driving Jimin to his house ever since he was checked out of the hospital today.

"Am I going to my house today?" Jimin asks, interrupting Dr. Song.

"Yes, but I have to tell you something," he replied but Jimin kept interrupting him.

"I haven't seen my mother in years, where is she?" He asks and Dr. Song turns to him.

And it was long enough that Dr. Song had his mouth shut.

"You see... your mother left you in the hospital for medication," he trailed off.

"Then why can't she visit me?" He asks.

"I don't know," he replied.

"My parents could've just atleast visited me or even took me out when I haven't had my tests due at the day," he comments.

"Its your mother's decision," the doctor says bluntly before stopping infront of an oak house in which Jimin told him.

"This is your house, right?" Dr. Song asks and looks over at Jimin, who was slinging his bag over his shoulder.

"Yeah, I'll see you doctor, thank you," he said and smiled at him.

"Its my pleasure Jimin, as long as you're safe," he smiles back at Jimin and he opens the car door before jumping out.

He waves at Dr. Song and he waves back as he drives off to the distance.

He turns his back and walks to the front porch, knocking on the door and waiting for his mother.

The door creaked open and his mother stood there, and Jimin stared at her as if she was a stranger.

Her hair got shorter and she got paler, and she even looked  younger when he last saw her.

"Jimin!" She said and hugged the small boy, but Jimin only stood there.

"Where's dad?" Jimin asked and his mother stayed quiet.

"H-he's at work," she lied and Jimin nodded, walking past her and going upstairs to his room.

But what Jimin didn't know...

Is his hatred for his mother started to grow.

----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Oof so we have this past between Jimin and his mother.

DM me if you want me to give golden advice on how to improve your writing, if you have concerns with yourself, and if you have problems.

Remember, I'm that friend (and momma and sister) you never knew you had. I'm always here for you and I purple you💜 if you feel down.

If you feel sad and lonely or depressed, dm me :) because I care for you 💜

I know I seem cold and sassy or bipolar or weird or even crazy on my notes and announcements, but I know when its time to be sweet and loving to my readers, DON'T FORGET THAT 💕💜💕💜💕💜💕

*sends love and hugs and a big fat kiss 💜😙💋💨💕💨💕