FIRST GIFT

At office,

Akshay was working on his laptop finding some lost files in his office. The entire office looked gloomy, thanks to his good temper.

'Why so cranky in the morning?' a voice disturbed him.
'Sid, shouldn't you be knocking before coming in?' Akshay questioned with an annoyed voice.

'Oh! Chill bro, Is this the way you treat you best friend?' He asked.
'You totally deserve this because my so called Best friend was not present at my wedding yesterday!' Akshay complained.

'Yeah! Sorry about that and you know the reason, Boss refused to give me  permission at least for an hour. He said either of us should be in the office, What can I do?' Sid explained.

'Oh! I heard the same from him when I applied for leave,' Akshay replied.

'But why are you so cranky? Your team members are shit scared to enter your office,' Sid asked.
'I was on leave, still I am and suddenly they called me here, Should I feel good about it?' He replied.
'Oh! That's the issue, someone is missing his wife already,' He tried to pull Akshay's leg.

The thought of Nakshatra made him smile,' Is that not allowed?' Akshay asked.

'Interesting!! I am seeing new side of my dear friend and now don't delay anymore and tell me more about her,' Sid asked with excitement.

'She is really something, I am not myself around her and I want to know her more, she is more like a box full of secrets and I would love to unveil it one by one, I love knowing her more and more,' Akshay observed Sid's changing expressions.

'Continue...' Sid asked with a smile.

'No! I won't and I know what's running in that stupid mind of yours so come to the party tonight and know her yourself,' Akshay said getting up from his chair.
'Arey!'
'I am leaving now!'
'What? You can't, you have a meeting,' Sid tried to stop him.

'That was before you coming, I actually attended the meeting which was in the morning and now it's your turn, since there is no need for both of us to be here as our boss said, I am leaving and you can take care of the rest of the things today,' Akshay said packing his bags.
'Enjoy!' Sid sighed.

Nakshatra was busy unpacking her luggage in her room. Her mind was wandering around the morning events while putting her things into the wardrobe.

'How different Akshay's parents are! They are really lucky to have them. Even I feel very blessed to have them,' her thoughts went back to her parents, they haven't called her since yesterday, hesitantly she picked her phone and called her mom.

'Hello'
'Nakshu,I will see you in the evening at the reception party, I am in a meeting right now,' Meera cut the call even before she can speak any further. Sighing Nakshatra got back to her work only to get disturbed by her best friend.

'Hey Nakshu,' Rohan entered.
'Oh! You are back so early!' she asked.
'Yes, Actually I bunked few classes, boring lectures,' he said jumping on the bean bag lying next to her bed.
'Oh! Good that you are back and help me now to find a dress for the evening party,' she asked.
'Someone is very eager for her reception party!' Rohan tried to tease only to get hit by a pillow which landed on his head.