C18

-Husk pov-

It's been a few days since Ani passed away and Y/n hasn't come out of her room. We leave food outside her door but she doesn't even come out for that. I'm getting worried. I know shocker.

I decided to check up on her again and this time if she doesn't answer I'm breaking down that door. We haven't heard any sounds coming from her room so I'm scared she might've-

I shook my head to get that thought out. I approached her door and knocked gently.

"Hey...uh...its me. You okay in there?"

No answer.

"Alright I'm coming in whether you like it or not."

I took the master key Charlie gave me after I told her what I was doing and unlocked the door. I know I said I was gonna break the door down but then I'd get in trouble with Charlie.

I walked inside the room and there she was.

Bundled up like a cute burrito- wait what?

I shook my head and walked over to her. She had tear stains running down her face and tissues everywhere.

I quickly checked her pulse to see if she was still alive. Luckily she was. I let out a breath of relief and looked at her a bit more.

I decided I should wake her up and maybe get her to heat something. Maybe take a shower too.

"Y/n....y/n...wake up." I gently called as I shook her slightly.

Her face scrunched up and then her eyes fluttered open. She looked at me then flipped to her other side so her back was facing me.

"Go awayyyyh...." she weakly said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Cmon y/n. You gotta eat something." I reasoned.

"..."

"Y/n?"

"..."

I went to the other side of the bed and there she was asleep again.

I grumbled something under my breath and tried to wake her up again.

"Y/n...cmon." I gently shook her.

"nooo..." she buried herself deeper within her blanket cocoon.

I had a deadpan look on my face. I got on the bed cause she was further away from me and rolled her off. I knew the blanket cocoon was enough to cushion the fall so it didn't hurt her.

She sighed and got up from the floor.

"Fine." She walked to the bathroom with some clothes and I just sat there flustered.

Why was I flustered? She was only wearing a spaghetti strap top and shorts...short shorts.

I shook my head and sat on the bed waiting.

She finally came out with an oversized Tee and sweatpants. Her small wings drooping down and the feathers were all messy. Her hair was no better. She had dark circles under her eyes and a red irritated nose.

I got up and led her outside her room. Luckily she followed. I slowed my brace down so I was next to her.

"Look...I uh..we were all starting to get worried so..." I started.

"I know I know. It's just hard." She looked down at her feet sadly as we stood on the outside of the elevator waiting for it to reach our level.

I hesitantly put my hand on her shoulder comfortingly.

"I know." I said understandingly.

She sighed sadly and looked up. Suddenly her eyes widened.

"Wait..." she looked forward then to me.

"What?" I asked removing my hand. (Is it even a hand?)

She looked up again. "That pattern." She pointed at one of the many patterns on the ceiling. "Husk I've seen it somewhere before. I-I...library I need a library!" She shook my shoulders.

"Ah! Ok ok calm down..." I put my hands on her forearms to get her to stop shaking me. "The library...do we even have one?" I mumbled to myself.

Suddenly the elevator doors opened and Charlie was standing on the other side. She was looking at Y/n astonished. We both stared back. She switched her gaze to me then back to y/n then to me then to y/n.

"Charlie!" Y/n interrupted the staring contest.

"Y/n!" Charlie exclaimed after her.

"Library!" Y/n yelled.

"In the Lobby!" Charlie yelled.

"Where?!" Y/n asked/yelled.

"Right!" Charlie yelled.

I just sat there in utter confusion as y/n got inside the elevator. She held the door open for me.

"Cmon!" She said eagerly.

I quickly got in and we went down to the lobby.

Right as the doors opened y/n dashed to the right. I got out after her and watched as she entered a set of oversized doors. Presumably the library.

"What was that about?" Charlie asked.

"I don't know..." I answered.

"At least you're got her out." She said.

"Yyyeah..." I replied.

*whats in the library?

Stay Tuned~