C2

Y/n POV

"I want to help." I said and they all looked at me with even more shock.

"Y-y-I-w-wha..?" Charlie stuttered out.

"I want to help. I saw your train wreck on the news and I think I get where you're coming from." I explained.

"Y-you do?" She asked, hope shining in her wide eyes.

"Yes. I think there has to be at least one demon out there who would want to be rehabilitated. It's possible." I said, keeping my face straight.

"You really think so? Wow...that...that actually means a lot. Especially coming from you." She said with a small smile. "Thank you."

"Mmhm." I hum looking down for a moment. It felt good to have a grateful gaze on me for once other than fear or hate.

"S-so what exactly do you want to help with?" She asked, nervousness invading her voice once again, drawing my attention back to her.

"Well, that's up to you. You're the boss. But I have to let you know my work takes up a lot of time so I won't be here all the time." I explained.

"O-oh, right, ok, uhm...lets start with the conditions and rules, I guess." She said, pulling out a folded paper from her pocket. I watch patiently as she unfolded the paper with shaking hands. "Ok, so, uhm, first y-you can't exactly wear your Grim Reaper uniform. You know, like, the cloak and stuff. I-it would probably scare people away...." She closed her eyes and shied back, waiting for me to pounce on her. But I don't.

'Why does everyone think I'm some murderous asshole?'

She opens her eyes and looks at me. I nod for her to go on, showing that I understand her reasons. Her cheeks turned redder in embarrassment before looking back down at the paper for a moment.

"O-okay...um...I guess, j-just don't hurt anyone?" She said, looking back up to me.

I wasn't going to do that anyway. They just don't understand who I really am. I only nodded in response. "Okay. Easy enough." I said.

"U-Uhm, would you like to stay here, in a room, or do you want to stay at your own place?" She asked.

"I guess, I'll stay here. It's easier that way." I responded with a shrug, attempting to come off as passive as possible.

"Okay I'll, uh, p-prepare your room." She said before racing away.

I watched her leave before turning my attention back forward towards the rest of the staff. An awkward silence ensued as I rocked on my heels, waiting for someone to speak up. They all looked too scared to say anything, but I could tell it was getting awkward for them too.

"So, uh....you don't have to be afraid of me. Just think of me as any other co-worker or something." I said awkwardly, attempting to ease the tension.

They all nodded tensely and it went back to being silent. It was less tense though which made me ease up a bit.

"So...uhh...." Angel started. "What do we do?"

"How about we show her around." Vaggie piped up. "Who's gonna be the tour guide?"

"..."

I sighed knowing it's going to be a hassle gaining their trust.

"Fine. I'll do it." Vaggie broke the silence.

*time skip*

After the tour, Charlie handed me my key to the room I was staying in. I walk to my room to get myself situated.

* It's a bit shorter today but I just finished my finals and now I'm tired.

[EDITED x2] 640 words.

Edit author note- Man, editing these makes me realize how much I've grown in the span of a single year. Also, why are the chapters so s h o r t ? !

Stay Tuned~