Chapter 16: Perfect Night

Levi's POV

Even not seeing her for the whole day was painful. I tugged at my collar, feeling it was way too tight when it wasn't. My palms began to sweat, knowing I couldn't see her- or even hear her voice yet. It was taboo to see your bride-to-be on the wedding before getting married. I couldn't bear it- but I didn't want do that one taboo. 

"So... you've been holed up with her, Levi-Bro?!"

I nearly winced at her voice, but I had to smile to her. Even though she acted like my little sister, she was one of my greatest friends. "Hey Isabel..."

Her giggles were joyful, and when I looked up... I saw her bright emerald eyes and her bright red hair. How messy it stood out- reminded me of Hanji's misshapen hair. "I didn't realize that you were getting married until a few days ago! We just had to come here to see it- and you're being a father?! What have we missed?!"

"Wait, we?" I rose an eyebrow as I saw Isabel nod her head vigorously.

"You think you can just ditch us?" A deep chuckle came through, peeking behind Isabel.

I had one name to say: "Farlan."

He chuckles softly and ran his hand through Isabel's hair. "Of course, Levi. But I have to agree with Isabel here- you didn't tell us about what was happening in your life. You never told us about Hanji- and especially you unborn kid. How dare you."

"Yeah! How dare you!" Isabel quickly stuck her tongue out, but eventually calmed down. "Still, it was nice to see you, Levi-Bro. How long until the baby comes?"

My shoulders shrugged a bit and I chuckled, thinking about Hanji's answer. "She's due in 7 months now..."

"Awe! Can I be the aunt?! Wait, is it okay with Hanji? Oh, but I wanna be the aunt! I want to see him! Or her. What's the gender of the baby? Ahh!" Her high-pitched shrieks filled the air, and I had to cover my ears because of it. "Levi-Bro..."

"You get to meet Hanji later tonight, okay?" I sighed softly, pulling my bangs back and letting it flop back down. "Just... seeing you guys right now kinda released my anxiety. Thanks." I smiled gently at them and gave them hugs. "Really, thanks..."

Isabel smiled gently, "Heh... we're always gonna be here, Levi-Bro."

"What she said, Levi." Farlan chuckled softly and hugged me. "Glad to be your Best Man. And quite surprising that you convinced your wife-to-be to have Isabel as the flower girl. No luck in finding one?"

"Eh... Isabel my not be at that age to be a child, but she is a child at heart. And yeah, not many of our friends have a daughter."

Farlan chuckled, "Mainly because you have no friends. But I'm grateful for what you're doing. Including us and having us not think you've forgotten about us. Thanks, bud."

I nodded my head and Isabel smiled brightly. "Well! I gotta get in my dress- and you two need to be dressed up in your tuxedos! Wedding should start soon! Bye!" Isabel shouted and began to run off.

"Wait! Isabel!"

She then stops and turns just a bit with her eyes glistening with curiosity. "Hm? What's wrong, Levi-Bro?"

"Can you give Hanji a message?" Taking a deep breath and sighing, I thought about her beautiful face in my mind. "Tell her... tell her that I'm missing her and that I can't wait until I see her in a few."

Isabel smiled and nodded. "Yeah, of course." Then, she wandered to somewhere unknown to me.

My two oldest friends were here... and almost all of my anxiety was gone. All that was left was meeting Hanji tonight and actually getting married. That part worried me much.

*   *   *

The music began to play, and I saw her. Her baby bump was barely showing under her white dress. Her face was partially covered with the white veil, but I could clearly see her beautiful smile. There was nothing less beautiful than her smile. How Hanji walked gracefully on the pale pink flower petals, and Isabel gleamed with joy. I've drowned everything out, but saw Hanji.

Even the words being spoken were faded out of my ears as my eyes were only focused on her. With the certain words of "I do," were being said, I kissed her passionately when it was time. I ignored everyone else, just having Hanji on my mind.

She smiled gently and whispered into my ear, "I love you, Levi..."

"Love you too..."

*   *   *

"Awe..." Isabel gleamed with joy as she smiled at Hanji and I. "Can't believe Levi-Bro is all married and being a father..."

Hanji chuckles softly, kissing my cheek. "That is kinda cute... wouldn't Levi being a great father?"

"Oh yes! He's just gonna teach them to clean and stuff like that! Awe, now I'm thinking of mini-Levis..." Isabel sighed softly as I scoffed at that idea. Really? I know they don't make fun of my height and stuff, but that felt... a little... hurtful. Comparing my unborn kid to me already. "Anyways, could I be an aunt for the little one? I really, really love kids."

Hanji gave a simple smile and nodded her head, "Yeah, I would love that. And besides, I think Levi wouldn't have minded it. Farlan can be an uncle as well. Just, no destruction to anyone else."

Isabel seemed like she was gonna explode on us with excitement, but Farlan handled her pretty well. Soon enough, everything was getting too much on me. The music got to loud and everything got too crowded. I couldn't breathe in this room. Without a second thought, I rushed out of the room with Hanji clutched in my hand.

We both ran out into the cool, night air. How it cooled my anxiety and gently breezed through. "Levi..." Hanji spoke to me gently, kissing my cheek. "Sorry, I didn't think of you..."

"It's fine," I said softly, waving it off, "you were having fun at your own wedding. You deserve it. This night is for you and you only."

She chuckles, kissing me more. "It's not just a night for me, Levi. It's the night for the both of us. Actually, it's just the three of us. We're forgetting one important one here..." Hanji chuckles as if she had me fooled. Her gentle hand rubbed her ever-growing baby bump. 

"You did have me fooled..."

Her head laid exhaustively on my shoulder, looking up into the sky. "Say... is it a problem to ask for something else?"

"Depends on what this 'something else' is."

She smugly scoffs and holds tightly onto my hand. "Well... I was thinking we should buy that cabin near that river. You know which one I'm talking about..."

My mind quickly went to it, nodding my head. "And what? Live in it? Fix it up?"

"Yes..."

I nodded my head, smiling gently. There was something about that one cabin that drew us near there. The one cabin near the riverbank. I don't know what brought us there- but it felt right. Right to be in that cabin and having our child grow up there. "Okay. We'll do it. We'll buy that cabin."