Chapter 3: Visions

Levi's POV

The teachers didn't even know my name, yet she knew my name. Although, I had to think of it for a bit... what she said to me... no, it couldn't be. It was just a dream. Come to think of that dream... I did remember seeing a woman with messy hair- just like hers. Except... she wore an eye-patch. She wore these goggles over her face, and always having this... smirk on her face. I wished I could hear what she was saying... but, it was muffled.

"I'll ask again, how do you know my name?"

I watched her squirm a bit, struggling to come up with an answer. But my eyes also laid on this girl, shouting that I was her man. Lies. I scoffed at her, thinking of her to be a selfish brat. Always wanting the guy that she thinks is cute or something like that. 

"Answer me, now."

"I..." The woman began. "I dreamed of you... in my nightmares."

"Creeper!" That same girl shouted towards the woman in front of me. She pushed her out of the way by elbowing her. The brunette fell to the ground, grunting as her glasses fell of her face. "You're a creepy, insane woman, Hanji! Stop acting like a stalker and be normal for once!" She then looked at me and smiled, "I'm Kelly, sorry about her... she's just a freak."

I scowled at this Kelly and went over to this Hanji. I whispered gently to her, only so she could hear me. "Four-eyes, get off the filthy floor. Let's talk- alone." She nods and got to her feet. "Follow me."

*   *   *

I nearly got lost within 10 seconds, but there she was... offering help to take me to the most secluded place. It felt kind of weird, in a way. She was acting nervous, like I was a threat or something. Did she think- no, I'm not like that. I hated it when people judge others... and I rather for her to not spill her entire life story to me in public. Better yet, not at all. 

"Here we are..." She says gently, sitting on the hill and over-looking this river. Based from this distance, I'll say a good 50 meters away. "The most secluded place I ever discovered."

"How do you know this for a fact?" My eyes darted for anyone that was around. "I don't trust this place."

I thought she would be afraid, based on how she was acting earlier... but she was completely the opposite now. She chuckled at me, and I swear I heard that chuckle before. That exact chuckle. I heard it before... but from here... it was like... I remembered something.

"We'll rebuild here again, Hanji." A deep voice echoed in my head, almost like mine. "That I will promise you."

"Good. The people need hope again. With Marley on the other side of the ocean... they're afraid of them- just like the threat of those titans. Although, they aren't wrong. They can create their own titans... and we the Survey Corps have to go through all of that again." She sighed heavily, rubbing near her left eye. "All these years... we finally killed all those titans... at what cost...?"

"Hanji..."

"It's alright, Levi." She says with a smile, smiling towards me. If only... if only I had confessed, I would have her hand in marriage... and we could live a simple life together. Of course, I have to admit there was the fear of having kids... how could we raise them in such a hell-ish world. "We're gonna survive this... I promise."

"L-Levi, right?"

"How did you guess?" I said in a sarcastic voice and rolling my eyes. I saw her reaction, holding in her little smirk. With that, I just felt a grin tugging at my lips. "Anyways... you said you saw and heard my name in a dream... what did you dream about?"

She shifted a little bit, looking away with embarrassment and only replying with: "Um..."

I nearly growled at her, but it simply went away as it came. "I'm not gonna judge you too badly. Your nightmares seemed to be accurate on my name. We've never met before... so I want to know how you knew my name without meeting me. Else I would assume you was stalking me."

That's when she started to freak out- waving her hands in the air and turning red like a madman. "I-It's not like that! I would never be a stalker!"

"So... tell me what's going on. Tell me your nightmare."

Hanji nodded her head, turning her head towards me. I saw her beautiful caramel eyes... just staring at me with a hint of embarrassment. "I remember... a riverbank. I was struggling to... to bring this man- I had to bring him. There was this cabin there, and I brought him there. And he was dying... I couldn't save him. I remember what I said to him, for him to not leave me... but he left me alone... no one was around to help me. I was... isolated."

"And... my name?"

"I kept saying it..."

"How did this man look like?"

Her eyes said it all. "You."