The Way You Look Tonight

Y/N practically floated up the stairs and into the cabin. She was greeted by the chirrupping of Pumpkin who jumped off his perch atop the couch and trotted over. She bent down to pick him up and he immediately started rubbing his head against her cheeks, purring like a tiny, furry motorboat!

"Oh, Pumpkin! You won't believe what happened! Hoseok kissed me and he even asked permission first! He's coming over here with his dog Mickey so I want you to be a good boy... okay, pal?"

Pumpkin responded with a little chirp and bumped his head against her forehead. Y/N returned him back to his spot on the couch and walked over to start a fire.

Over at Hoseok's place, a similar scene unfolded...

Mickey was so excited that he literally was running around in circles! Hoseok plopped himself onto the couch and the wiggly little fluff ball launched himself into his lap!

"Hey, there boy! Did you miss me??"

Mickey sat down and just stared at Hoseok as if he was waiting to hear all about his date with Y/N.
Sometimes Hoseok swore that the dog actually understood what he was saying!

"So you wanna hear all the gory details, huh??"

Mickey yipped in response!

"Well, I'm not the kind of guy to kiss and tell you know! Ah, who am I kidding?? Yes, I am!!!"

Hoseok hopped up off the couch with Mickey in his arms and began dancing around the room with him, like an excited little child!

"I just had the best night of my life, boy! Well, minus the fact that I nearly shit myself on the hayride... and to top it all off, I kissed her...I actually kissed her!!! I swore my heart was going to beat right out of my chest! Her lips were so sweet, her hair was as soft as silk and Oh, God...she smelled so good!!! Ugh...your daddy's got it bad, Mickey!"

Hoseok sat down on the couch again and placed Mickey next to him.

"And guess what, boy?? She invited me over for and drink."

He paused for a moment...

"And she wants you to come over too!! So, whaddya think? Do you want to go see
Y/N and Pumpkin??"

Mickey jumped off the couch and barked loudly...he ran to the door, then back to Hoseok, then back to the door and began pawing at it!

"I guess that's a yes, huh boy??"

Hoseok squatted down to Mickey's level.

"Now, we are guests in their house and I want you to be on your best behavior, so play nice with Pumpkin, okay?"

Mickey cocked his head to the side, yipped once, then sat down as if to show just how well behaved he could be!

Hoseok ruffled his fur and laughed, then clipped on his leash.

"Alright then, boy! Let's go!"

Y/N started a fire then rushed around getting some snacks ready. She placed the tray on the coffee table along with two glasses filled with ice just as a knock sounded on the door. She rushed over to it, smoothed out her sweater and took a deep breath to try and calm her racing heart! Pumpkin sat bedside her feet as she opened the door.

"Hey, you two!"

"Hey, yourself angel..."

Y/N felt a shiver down her spine at the mention of the nickname and blushed...yet again!

"C-Come on in!"

Hoseok and Mickey entered into the toasty warm cabin and Y/N closed the door. Pumpkin cautiously edged his way over to the little dog and sniffed him curiously to which he received a small lick in return. Pumpkin backed up a few steps, shook his head and proceeded to walk away a bit but turned back as if to see if Mickey was coming. Then he walked to his bed by the fireplace and settled down, followed closely by Mickey who laid himself down as well next to the bed.