Chapter 1

"You know, you looks so cute when you sleep with your mouth ajar and cute snore." Omkara said pulling my cheeks.

"Ouch! It hurts and I don't snore." I said rubbing my cheeks.

"You do snore, Gauri. And I like your cute bubbly cheeks, I can pull them all the day." Omkara said kissing on my cheek making me blush.

I looked down at my fingers in my lap blushing and Omkara lifted my face keeping his finger down my chin.

"You know, you are the most beautiful and innocent girl, I had seen. Everything about you makes me fall in love with you. Your smile, your antics and even the way you adjust those glasses of yours." He said removing my glasses.

"Om, what are you doing?" I asked trying to take back my glasses.

"I want to look at those beautiful eyes without any barriers." He said cupping my face in his hands and looking straight into my eyes. "I Love You, Gauri." He said.

"I Love you too, Om. I love you more than anyone else. You are the only one I love and can trust with my life." I said cupping his face.

His chocolate brown orbs reflecting a strange emotion that I couldn't decipher. He slowly and delicately placed his soft lips on mine and kissed me sucking on my lower lips, I wrapped my arms around him letting myself drown in his love.

A feel of something wet and soft on my face made me wake up, as I opened my eyes, I saw two familiar chocolate brown orbs staring at me. His eyes looked at me with much love as he placed his hand on my cheek making me smile. The start of my day couldn't be better than this.

"Aww... My baby woke up so early." I said in a baby voice as I placed My 11 months old son, Ved in my lap as I sat up on my bed.

He babbled some incoherent words as he bounced in my lap. Again I dreamt about him like every night from past 18 months. However I try to forget him, I couldn't. I loved him so dearly and gave myself to him that night, only to left heart broken the next morning. A lone tear escaped my eyes as I remembered about the incidents of my past that I am trying hard to forget. Ved placed his hand on face and looked at me with concern.

Ved, my reason to live and my cute baby. He was the only good thing that occured to me in my relationship with Omkara. He was an intelligent kid to his age, very mischievous and full pack of energy. His energy amazes me, who does one can be active and energetic all the time. And again that was something he inherited from his father along with those chocolate brown eyes and silky hair. He looks mostly like me except those eyes and hair.

"Come on, Baby. Let's get you bathed." I said as I carried him to the bathroom.

I placed him in the warm water and gave him his rubber ducks with which he played laughing cheerfully while I washed his hair carefully not to let the foam enter his eyes and make him all cranky. He started lapping the water with his little hands making it splash all around and began to bounce in the tub.

"Ved, don't do that." I said holding his hands and making his steady. I just have to wash the foam of his hair but he is giving me hard time by not being steady. Finally after several attempts and much effort, I got him bathed and wrapped a fluffy baby blue towel around him which has duck prints on it.

I carried his to the bedroom and placed him on my bed. I turned around to take his clothes and diapers and when I turned back he already managed to crawl out of the towel and  was sitting on the bed showing his two small teeth smiling. I am going to have a tough time to run around him if he starts walking on his own, I am afraid that I may not be able to match his energy to run around him all the day. I began to make him wear his onesie, while he was busy playing with his soft toys, my parents brought for him.

After I discovered that I am pregnant, I was afraid and scared to death thinking about my parents reaction. At first they were upset about me but then they accepted the reality and supported me with my pregnancy, which I am grateful because I really didn't wanted to abort my kid. I would have ran away in order to protect my child if my parents would have forced me to abort. They loves Ved and won't leave him for a minute. My father even used to take him to the office while he was still working but he retired from his job leaving the Sharma industries for me to handle as he wants to spend more time with his Grandson. My mom was the one to take care of him while I would be away from him for the work. He loves to spend time with his grand parents and keeps them on their toes crawling around and doing mischievous things. My parents don't know about Omkara as I never mention them about him and they too never asked me as they gave me my privacy to keep things.

"Gauri, Aren't you getting late for the office? " My mom, Pinky Sharma asked as she came into my room.

"I have to get ready, Mom. I just gave Ved bath and dressing him up." I said trying to make him wear his onesie.

"Give it to me, I will make him wear it. You go and get ready." My mom said taking the dress from my hands and sitting in front of Ved on my bed while I grabbed the towel.

"Ved... Dekho, it's your favorite onesie. See, it has super man symbol on it. Chalo let's get my ladla in it." My Mom cooed as she tried to make Ved wear his dress.

He laughed showing his two teeth and began to crawl on the bed away from my mother.

"Offoo... I never had this much trouble, even when I was dealing with two kids that Now I am having with him. He's such a naughty kid." My mom said trying to catch my baby. I laughed and entered the bathroom.

After I came down stairs getting ready in my business clothes, I found my Mom trying to feed, My baby while my father, Shakti Sharma was mimicking some animal sounds with Ved on his lap.

"My baby is giving trouble for you even today? " I asked as I placed bread in my plate.

"He's so fussy about food just like you. He gives me hard time for me to feed him." My mom complained making me chuckle.

"How's everything going in office, Gauri? " My father asked while bouncing Ved on his lap.

"Everything's going well, Papa. The khurana's deal was finalised and soon we will be working in it." I said taking a bite of my sandwich.

My Dad nodded his head.

"Did Anika and Shivaay came back from their trip? " My mom asked as she wiped Ved's face with a tissue.

"No, Mom. Anika called me yesterday saying that they are extended their vacation for a few days." I said, Anika is my childhood friend and more like my sister. She married Shivaay Singhania, a Business man, a year ago and was now celebrating their anniversary in Maldives.

"When was Rudra coming back? " I asked as I finished eating my breakfast.

"He is... " My mom started and was cut of by a loud voice.

"I am here!! Main aagaya. " Rudra shouted from the door way where he stood holding his luggages. Rudra is my younger brother, he completed his  studies and was now handling Sharma Hotels and Resorts while I was handling Sharma industries.

"Ah... Finally the duffer is back." I said making Rudra scrunch his face.

"Hey, I am not duffer." He reprimanded.

"Says no one but you, Duffer." I said sticking my tongue out.

"Don't call me that." He said throwing a bread slice on me.

"Idiot, you almost spoiled my dress." I said as I threw a sandwich on him.

My mom and Dad shook their head watching our Tom and Jerry fight while Ved bounced happily clapping his hands laughing.

"Aww... My Handsome Cutie pie. I missed you." Rudra said taking Ved in his arms.

Rudra loves Ved very much. He spoils him by getting him all sorts of video games and remote cars which are not even for the age group of Ved. When Rudra is home, having break from his business, he spenda most of the time with Ved. He even makes him sleep with him in his bed not allowing any of us to be with him much to my parents annoyance. Ved enjoys being with Rudra and watching those dinosaurs movies and video games sitting on his lap.

Only if what had happened 18 months ago didn't happened then Ved would have had a Father in his life to see and enjoy all these things.